9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it has been 10 below or colder here in Alaska it is nice to have a new car that likes to start. Although it doesn't sound very happy doing so I do let it warm up for 3-5 min. Guess there is a plus to a civic. :eek3dancesmiley:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whatever the dealer puts in it. Since I got it I at 9k miles I have had only one oil change but I will go to the dealer because if anything goes wrong they will deal with it or I will make them lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
whatever the dealer puts in it. Since I got it I at 9k miles I have had only one oil change but I will go to the dealer because if anything goes wrong they will deal with it or I will make them lol
In your extremely cold environment, I would definately go FULL synthetic in the winter time. Have you ever poured a quart of oil that has been outside in 0 degree F? It can make a conventional 5W-30 pour like molasses. When you pour a full synthetic at the same temp it pours nearly the same as it does in warmer temps. Think about how long it takes for that oil (non syn) to warm up to be able to flow to your vital engine parts. Living in the midwest I always run synthetic and especially in the winter time. You can tell a big difference in start ups with the synthetic.

Talk to your dealer at your next oil change about using Honda syn blend or full syn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts