9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up this 12 Si sedan a few weeks ago after my 8th gen accord V6 was totaled from being pretty much t-boned by a woman in a Nissan Murano. Needless to say, that car wasn't much of a fun car as it was super reliable. This car as stated in the title will be my daily driver / mountain / track car. My Subaru Forester is neither of those things anymore.

I'm not stranger to Hondas/Acuras and this is my 7th one. My last one before the Accord was a 2nd gen TSX with the 6 speed so I'm pretty familiar with the platform even though this is my first Si.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have already ordered a few goodies. I have noticed that this generation has the terrible shift boot droop. I'm pretty sure the clips around the collar have broken off and I have tired doing the zip-tie method and it's just kind of cheesy.

I went to one of my favorite sites for parts, JHPUSA, and ordered a new shift knob from Hybrid Racing and got the weighted stainless steel Maxim knob which weighs in at just over a pound. Should feel really good in the hand and offer a much smoother transition to each gear. I also ordered the Hybrid Racing shift boot collar in black and stainless. Should be a nice and not over the top look to the inside of the car. I know they can get hot during summer so it may or may not get powder coated but we'll see.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I also purchased the Progress Tech 24mm rear sway bar with end links. After doing some research this should really help the rear end rotate out of the corners and maximize the driving experience. Im not sure if I'm going to mess around with the front sway bars until I get a real good feel from the car. From what I've seen is it's almost unnecessary to touch the front. I did not order through Progress and instead saved about $50 and got it through somewhere else.

I also pulled the trigger on some H&R Sport Springs. Coilovers aren't really in the budget as of now, especially for some track oriented ones and I'm working on picking up a set of Koni yellows from someone for a good price. They have around 1k on them and should offer a better ride than stock shocks. I bought them from Tirerack which saved me about $30-$50 from other places.

I am kind of disappointed with the OEM tire size on these cars and will be moving to a beefy setup. Thinking about going with a 17x9 +40 Konig Hypergram (in bronze, its kinda my thing) and running a 245/45 tire. I've seen that running a staggered setup for the rear helps on the track but I want to be able to rotate every interval so a square setup is more ideal. I'm not a stranger to the Konig's and have ran the 17x8 on my old 2000 2.5RS. I absolutely love these wheels and they're really lightweight. I think mine weighed in at 17-ish lbs and although the RPF1s are the GOAT wheels to go with, the Hypergram's are a nice change of scenery IMO.

·
Registered
2015 LX Sedan, 2013 Si Sedan
13 Posts
That's sweet, hope it all works out and you update the forum ;)

It's also crazy because I'm doing almost the exact same mods: bronze hypergrams with meaty tires, koni yellows with springs, shift knob, progress rear sway bar, although I've done the shifter base + cable bushings as well (would highly recommend).

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
love the build. I did the 22mm in the rear, but really should have gotten the 24. I got stiffer springs which also helped a great deal.

IN for more updates.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,818 Posts
The OEM shift boot collar is a plastic piece which doesn't look durable at all mine has already broken and the boot is starting to sag going to look into those hybrid racing shift boot collars looks like good quality. I'm also running the 24mm Progress RSB.
Nice start to the build alot of good stuff you got there.👍

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
The OEM shift boot collar is a plastic piece which doesn't look durable at all mine has already broken and the boot is starting to sag going to look into those hybrid racing shift boot collars looks like good quality. I'm also running the 24mm Progress RSB.
Nice start to the build alot of good stuff you got there.👍
Agreed. Mine was broken when I bought my car with 40K miles. Kinda glad the whole boot is gone now after the shifter upgrade.

OP should consider detén springs. I hear a lot of good things about them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Springs showed up today which is crazy since I had ordered them Thursday afternoon. I really expected them to be here some time next week but no complaints here. Tirerack ships quick!

2021-03-13_01-11-27
2021-03-13_01-11-38

Also went over to a friends place to mess around with the track spec S2K. He's running nearly the same setup I want to go with. The front calipers on the Si are way bigger than the S2K so as far as caliper clearance on his car it was a lot. On the civic it was literally mm's and same for the back next to the strut. It didnt hit but having a lower offset should fix that. These were 17x9 +45 with 255/40 Hankook RS4s. This spec in nearly flush on stock ride height and looks so damn good.

2021-03-13_07-27-25
2021-03-13_07-27-33

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She's sitting pretty right now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beautiful!! I also have a 2012 Si sedan
Im loving it so far. Cant wait to get deep in to this car. My Forester is for the most part at where I want it to be but its built for offroad and not the best street car anymore

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I went and purchased some wheels and tires lol. The hypergrams I wanted are on backorder and Im not entirely sure when theyre gonna be in stock sooooooo I ordered a set of Enkei's. I didnt get RPF1s, cause everybody runs those (for good reasons). I ordered the Enkei TS-V's in 17 x 9, +40mm and hoping its a good sweet spot from ppl running +45 and +35. I also went and ordered Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2's in 255/40 square. This thing is gonna have tons of grip!

·
Registered
2015 LX Sedan, 2013 Si Sedan
13 Posts
Well, I went and purchased some wheels and tires lol. The hypergrams I wanted are on backorder and Im not entirely sure when theyre gonna be in stock sooooooo I ordered a set of Enkei's. I didnt get RPF1s, cause everybody runs those (for good reasons). I ordered the Enkei TS-V's in 17 x 9, +40mm and hoping its a good sweet spot from ppl running +45 and +35. I also went and ordered Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2's in 255/40 square. This thing is gonna have tons of grip!
Nice, what colour?? My Hypergrams are supposed to come in in April, but I'm also in Canada so it's probably different for you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tires came in Tuesday and wheels came in today. Time to get them mounted and make these suckers fit!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts