41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
I Need A Vacation
13,883 Posts
Most/all 100-200 treadwear tires are going to struggle in the rain. 100-200 treadwear tires are designed specifically for dry performance in mind not wet. I live in the Pacific Northwest lots of rain here so I would never buy a 200 treadwear tire to daily.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Most/all 100-200 treadwear tires are going to struggle in the rain. 100-200 treadwear tires are designed specifically for dry performance in mind not wet. I live in the Pacific Northwest lots of rain here so I would never buy a 200 treadwear tire to daily.
I agree, I don't advise anyone to do my kind of stupidity lightly. I live in the Northeast so I also see some crazy shit weather. The plan was to buy a set of winter wheels and tire, but that never happened. It will for next winter.

Youre making some jam too in that thing. Sick build
Thank you!

Wait, did you drive in those conditions on your summer sticky tires? I've done so safely on bikes, I figured cracking would be a issue on cars though.
yeah, they're the only ones I have. I also once drove a camaro ss 1le in worse conditions, but worse than that I drove an RX-8 on Nitto NT01 in the rain, the next day I got regular tires - that was pretty awful - hydroplaning on 1/8 inch of rain.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,883 Posts
I agree, I don't advise anyone to do my kind of stupidity lightly. I live in the Northeast so I also see some crazy shit weather. The plan was to buy a set of winter wheels and tire, but that never happened. It will for next winter.
Yeah man invest in a set of snow tires. Wouldn't want any one here to lose their car because you turned the steering wheel one way and the car slid into a pole going the other way.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Yeah man invest in a set of snow tires. Wouldn't want any one here to lose their car because you turned the steering wheel one way and the car slid into a pole going the other way.
agreed. I am getting to the point where I might just invest in a daily beater. anything can happen at any point. That snow storm in the orange car caught me by surprise. I tend to try to avoid those, but the weather people don't help. Anyway, I feel like I thread jacked this place.

Sorry OP

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
agreed. I am getting to the point where I might just invest in a daily beater. anything can happen at any point. That snow storm in the orange car caught me by surprise. I tend to try to avoid those, but the weather people don't help. Anyway, I feel like I thread jacked this place.

Sorry OP
Haha its all good guys. I love seeing what works and doesnt work for other people.

Reactions: S.Tusocks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
One thing that I really noticed was the throttle response. I dont know how accurate the one that displays on the screen is but I noticed a 1-2 second lag especially coming out of the last corner from 75% throttle to 100% throttle. My instructor would tell me to be at 100% and my foot would be on the floor but the lag would always be there. It also didnt matter if I was in 2nd or 3rd coming out of that corner. I would imagine that this is something that could be tuned or maybe theres a TPS that can be installed to help with this issue?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
One thing that I really noticed was the throttle response. I dont know how accurate the one that displays on the screen is but I noticed a 1-2 second lag especially coming out of the last corner from 75% throttle to 100% throttle. My instructor would tell me to be at 100% and my foot would be on the floor but the lag would always be there. It also didnt matter if I was in 2nd or 3rd coming out of that corner. I would imagine that this is something that could be tuned or maybe theres a TPS that can be installed to help with this issue?
once you have FlashPro this will go away. I wouldn’t get one of those weird throttle boosters. You’ll eventually want/need FlashPro anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
once you have FlashPro this will go away. I wouldn’t get one of those weird throttle boosters. You’ll eventually want/need FlashPro anyway.
word. Just saw the price for it so it'll probably be one of the last things I do to the car after Ive set up the suspension.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Yep, you'll end up getting used to it with experience. Just be careful trying to buy a flashpro used, lot's of scammers out there selling locked ones.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Oh I would be buying brand new from Hondata.

Also here is the fastest time from Track Addict. The turn in the bottom right corner was one I know I could carry more speed through, probably around 60-70 mph, but I puss'd out lol. Theres another track day through a different club that Im probably gonna sign up for. Im hooked and I love it!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts