9th Gen Civic Forum banner
61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Are you going with a specific group and how long are you gonna be there?
the plan is foggy, like all my plans, but the MercRacing team(of two) and I will just drive over there. If you have any advice. Please send forth.

I’m supposed to be there the weekend of June 13th.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
So Im gonna be starting on the new "half wrap" design for the car hopefully this weekend. Also not a whole lot you can do when none of the gas stations around you have gas. The reasoning for doing this design is to hide how terrible parts of the paint look on the car due to the crows feet and I think it looks pretty neat. It was something I was gonna do to my Forester if I kept it.

Reactions: SlapNuts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
looking forward to it. It's interesting, around here (CT) this has been a non-issue, and up here people are quick to panic. Best of luck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Got the car wrapped in the first color this past Saturday. Never wrapped a car or anything in my life so this was all a BIG learning experience. Second color should be here today or tomorrow and depending on how I like the final outcome, may or may not add a 3rd color.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
slowly but surely, this isnt looking like a daily driver anymore LOL.

Love the Orange Accents. Not my thing, but lets see what layer two looks like.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
slowly but surely, this isnt looking like a daily driver anymore LOL.

Love the Orange Accents. Not my thing, but lets see what layer two looks like.
You know you might be on to something.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I still have one more side to do but here's what everything pretty much looks like. Im most definitely going to add some gloss white in the mix.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

Happy to announce that for 2021 I will be working with Yellow Speed Racing.

For a few weeks I have been looking for coilovers to replace my blown out suspension to not only ride better but to have the ability to add more front camber, stiffen or soften the dampening, and eliminate most of the body roll.

I will be running their Dynamic Pro Sports coilovers and will be reporting as much feedback as possible.

I have nothing against my current setup of H&R springs and had my stock suspension had way less mileage on them, they may have lasted a little while longer. In my honest opinion, it's the go to for a lowered DD setup.

Be on the lookout soon for my unboxing, install, and full review a week later. I will also do a track review at my next track day.

Reactions: Jon_FB6

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Well its been nearly a month since I ordered my coilovers and theyre still not here yet. But I guess thats just the times we're living in now where everything takes forever to build or worse is on backorder. I was told that they should be shipping this week sometime and I for sure hope so cause my rear shocks have been blown for all of 1.5 months.

Ive also partnered up with APR Performance and will be getting their GTC-200 wing with the 2.5" risers. Ive been doing A LOT of research on how running wings on FWD cars make a difference when on track. It should help with transferring the weight distribution from sitting over the front wheels to a more centered position on the car, obviously helps with rear downforce at speeds past 70 mph, and can aid in braking and improve understeer. Besides, Ive never had a carbon wing before on any car and Im a fan of them. I really loved the J's Racing wings on the 8th gens.

This is the wing but on an RSX and it looks like he's running 2, 2.5" risers. Im going to be doing a lot of testing with this wing utilizing the risers, no risers, more risers, angle, etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I gotta say Im impressed with how quick these things shipped. Took two days from Taiwan...why cant ups, fedex, amazon do this

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well its been nearly a month since I ordered my coilovers and theyre still not here yet. But I guess thats just the times we're living in now where everything takes forever to build or worse is on backorder. I was told that they should be shipping this week sometime and I for sure hope so cause my rear shocks have been blown for all of 1.5 months.

Ive also partnered up with APR Performance and will be getting their GTC-200 wing with the 2.5" risers. Ive been doing A LOT of research on how running wings on FWD cars make a difference when on track. It should help with transferring the weight distribution from sitting over the front wheels to a more centered position on the car, obviously helps with rear downforce at speeds past 70 mph, and can aid in braking and improve understeer. Besides, Ive never had a carbon wing before on any car and Im a fan of them. I really loved the J's Racing wings on the 8th gens.

This is the wing but on an RSX and it looks like he's running 2, 2.5" risers. Im going to be doing a lot of testing with this wing utilizing the risers, no risers, more risers, angle, etc.
View attachment 494032
Have you tried looking into 9 lives racing? They specialize in wings for track too

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Have you tried looking into 9 lives racing? They specialize in wings for track too

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.
I did but didnt like the look of them. I have friends that run 9LR on their cars but I dont really see the difference in product. Maybe when I decide to go full chassis mount on the wing I will use them but I think the APR will be enough for now

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
nice are you also running the progressive RSB ??
Yes, gonna be installing that in about a month or so along with some SPC rear camber arms

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Well the wing was supposed to be here yesterday but I've been having the worst luck with Fedex. When I opened up the tracking app it told me at the end of the day my package would be delivered. I said cool, I'll go into work early, get off early, and be home before it gets dropped off and I can sign for it. Well, it then gets delivered at 11:30AM and tells me I missed the delivery and it will be shipped tomorrow. I call the terminal up a few minutes later and ask them if I can pick up the package myself and they tell me no since its a ground delivery. They also would not change the address to go to my job where I could be and sign for it and they said no.

Today, I stayed home thinking it would come in again around the same time it came yesterday and well...it didnt. In fact they never even attempted to come to my door and at 4:30PM I get a message stating they tried and no one was there to sign for it. I also asked my leasing office person if they came in with my package and the guy said no. We have a locked mail room and parcel room where the express Fedex drivers deliver to so why wouldnt the ground guy do the same....or you know find my apartment number and knock on the door. Every other shipping company does this and or has GPS tracking but not Fedex. Literally the worst dealings I have ever had with this company.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts