9th Gen Civic Forum banner
121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
So I got the wheels on the car and the 3mm spacers I had ordered werent enough so my buddy gave me a set of 5mm and it worked out. I now need to order some extended studs and Im going to be running 2 camber bolts per side to achieve around -3.5-8 degrees up front. The wheels rub on big dips so the camber should solve some of that rubbing issues. Ive also been thinking about running the Mugen RR fender flares cause apparently it works and looks badass.

Later in the day Saturday, I got up with my friend Alex and took some photos of both of our civic together.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Got all my most recent parts installed tonight. Did the Wavespec rotors, camber bolts, and spacers. I wish I had brought one of the Hypergrams with me but I kinda forgot. I ended up raising the front up .5" and adding maybe another degree of negative camber. Camber plates are not maxed out but Im hoping to run at least -3.5 degrees which should get the 660s to fit better.

·
Registered
2015 DBP FB6
62 Posts
Are you eyeballing the camber adjustment? How do you know exactly if your just adding or taking a couple of degrees. Not being an ass , I'm genuinely curious how people adjust it without it being on the alignment rack at a shop. Also what break pad combo are you running.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Are you eyeballing the camber adjustment? How do you know exactly if your just adding or taking a couple of degrees. Not being an ass , I'm genuinely curious how people adjust it without it being on the alignment rack at a shop. Also what break pad combo are you running.
No those are fair questions. I can only assume what camber I am running based off the rear because it hasnt changed and looks very similar. Im hoping to get the car aligned tomorrow just to see exactly where I stand. As far as the brakes, I switched from Hawk HPS to Hawk HP+ late last October. I still have plenty of pad life left and omw home tonight could feel a little more bite from the rotors

·
Registered
2015 DBP FB6
62 Posts
I've always meant to ask lol, I always see people talking about it. For some reason I always stick with stoptech slotted rotors I've always like them. I had them in both my wrx's and currently on my si now with stoptech street pads, they have a great bite in the highway.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
I've always meant to ask lol, I always see people talking about it. For some reason I always stick with stoptech slotted rotors I've always like them. I had them in both my wrx's and currently on my si now with stoptech street pads, they have a great bite in the highway.
I wanted to run these rotors on my Forester for the longest time and since the Stoptech rotors always seem to be on backorder, the Wavespecs were available. Theyre also about $40 more than buying centric blanks and about $140 cheaper than Stoptech's. If they work, awesome. If they dont, then I'll know lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Last Thursday I threw the car on the alignment rack to see where my numbers were at. With the camber bolts I am at -2.5 front and -3 rear. Tonight Im gonna adjust the top hats to hopefully land somewhere around -3.5 to 4.

Reactions: Jon_FB6

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
I dont remember what day it was but I maxed out the top hats and then had an alignment done on the car the other day. Final numbers are -3.8 degrees front, -3.0 degrees rear, and zeroed out the toe for the front and rear because this is still a daily driver. It rides great but I am still gonna have the front fenders pulled a little bit

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
No major updates, just been preparing for Hyperfest at VIR next weekend. Got new number plates made and installed a tow strap that I got on sale this past weekend at CMP

Reactions: RayBans2111

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Jon, where do you buy these rotors usually? I'm debating whether or not to run oem rotors or to switch to slotted/drilled in the future once the ones I have currently wear down.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
So Hyperfest was awesome as always, except it felt weird not to be running around doing media coverage so I kinda found myself meandering around the campground. Drove up from Charlotte, which is about a 2.25 hour drive, Friday mid morning. Had to make sure I got a good spot but unfortunately there werent a whole lot of spots available in the paddock so I found a nice grassy spot behind the Konig Wheels booth. I took the rest of the day Friday to snap some pictures of the events going on (I have more I just need to edit them)

Saturday was the started off super wet with a downpour that lasted about two hours. So my first ever VIR track session was in the rain...it was a little sketchy with some areas of the track turned into wading pools. Managed a time of 2:59. Second session was the first dry session and I managed to learn the track a little bit more and got a time of 2:41. The 3rd session got a little weird. For some reason as I am doing my warm up lap the ABS and VSC lights popped on along with power steering. I stopped in the pits and turned the car off to see if the lights would just go away but they didnt, which made me a little worried about not having ABS for the remainder of the session. I still managed a time of 2:44 and Im thinking that I may have broken and ABS sensor hitting some of the curbing on track but I havent checked yet. 4th session was my first solo session and not having an additional 200 lbs +/- of instructor weight surely made a difference as I was able to get a new PB of 2.38.125

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
A lot has been happening over the last couple of weeks. Sold my Enkei's and Hankook 2 weeks ago and picked up a used pair of bronze Hypergrams. They came off a wrecked 2012 Si and unfortunately only 2 were good but they have a little rash on them. Gonna order the last pair within the month and then get them refinished and painted in a color similar to Volk Mag Blue. The color is called Hermosa Blue and its an Infiniti color. The sizing is 17x8 +35 and although I havent picked a tire yet, I know I am gonna run a 235/40 performance all season.

On Friday another member posted up on Instagram that he was selling a hood. Since my OEm one was in such terrible shape I jumped on the opportunity and drove down to Columbia to pick it up. He had a Seibon vented carbon hood thats looks pretty killer tbh. I just wish my wing matched it a little more.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts