9th Gen Civic Forum banner

161 - 162 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
How do you like those coilovers? I'm on h&r springs right now but I think I wanna go lower and was considering the bc coilovers. My car is a daily and the roads here in CT aren't the best so I don't want something that rides like shit or makes strange noises.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
How do you like those coilovers? I'm on h&r springs right now but I think I wanna go lower and was considering the bc coilovers. My car is a daily and the roads here in CT aren't the best so I don't want something that rides like shit or makes strange noises.
I have BC Racing coilovers I purchased from kamispeed and I went to a higher spring rate then they come with (spring rates on original bc racing coilover springs are 6k front and 6k rear)and I am happy with mine but if you want better ride then I would suggest something like 4k front and 4k rear which I think is like oem springs and you can get a swift spring upgrade too which also has a better ride quality. There are all sorts of DIY on coilover install the fronts are easy but the rear can be a pain to set up right took me 2 times going under my car and fixing it to figure it out but jack has a thread here that points out the issue and always make sure you have the right preload on the springs before you start adjusting height on the fronts, the rears you set preload and height at the same time pretty much.
That's my 2 cents

161 - 162 of 162 Posts