9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where the best place is to put my hydraulic jack to lift up my new 2012?
Looking for the best front and rear points.
TXS
Jim

·
Registered
126 Posts
See page 302 in your manual. You will see a approximately 3 inch ridged structure at the locations indicated in the manual.

·
Registered
824 Posts
That is for the jack that comes with the vehicle. i am looking for places to jack with a floor jack.
On the 8th, I used the spot in the back where there is a round shaped medal piece...basically the tow hook I believe? Then in the front, almost in the center of the subframe is a spot for it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Same location as indicated in the manual. In prior generation Accords and Civics I have done fine with the rear tow hook and front lower radiator frame, there is a notch. I read that there has been issue with bending the lower radiator frame on some newer vehicles don't know if this is true or not.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Same location as indicated in the manual. In prior generation Accords and Civics I have done fine with the rear tow hook and front lower radiator frame, there is a notch. I read that there has been issue with bending the lower radiator frame on some newer vehicles don't know if this is true or not.
yeah, I wouldn't go for the front lower radiator frame...the subframe will work fine with no worries of bending it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where to place floor jack to raise rear end

Hello all,

I'm waiting for the service manual to come out and I have not seen anything in the owners manual on where to place floor jack to lift the rear end so both rear wheels are up at the same time. While the rear wheels are up, I wanted to place jackstands in the area under the rear doors (as shown in the owners manual).

I have attached photos to indicate where I think the floor jack point would be. Can anyone confirm if it's on the tow "eye" or under the rear axle area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello all,

I'm waiting for the service manual to come out and I have not seen anything in the owners manual on where to place floor jack to lift the rear end so both rear wheels are up at the same time. While the rear wheels are up, I wanted to place jackstands in the area under the rear doors (as shown in the owners manual).

I have attached photos to indicate where I think the floor jack point would be. Can anyone confirm if it's on the tow "eye" or under the rear axle area?

Thanks!
Hard to say what you have circled there but if this helps , On a Accord you can lift from that tail tow hook in back and in front there a arrow in center of front subframe to do same on front .
jack stands go on the pinch weld seems by rocker panels (that should be in Owners manual ).

Someone else I am sure can confirm this for civic .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lift Point

I think you got it bro. I saw that too. It looks like a lift point, but I have to say, it doesn't look very stout. I'm sure the rear of the car is that heavy anyway.

I rotated my tires last weekend and I used 2 jacks for the rear and one for the front. Of course you could only do that if you have 3 jacks. That has to be the lift point because there is nothing else back there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think you got it bro. ...... That has to be the lift point because there is nothing else back there.
Chief,

I just wanted to be sure which photo you were referring to as the lift point. Was it the tow hook or the photo underneath?

hehe, btw, I only have 2 floor jacks:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Chief,

I just wanted to be sure which photo you were referring to as the lift point. Was it the tow hook or the photo underneath?

hehe, btw, I only have 2 floor jacks:)
The photo underneath..... I would NOT lift at the tow hook.

I have 2 floor jacks and I also used the jack from the trunk. My tires aren't directional, so they recommended a cross rotation. I know this might be a bit unnecessary, but whatever, I just did it. I guess it can't hurt.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Under your LCA. lower control arm If u do it where the big bolts are in the middle you will Bend that part. Te part where your sub frame bar goes

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where can I put a floor jack safely on my Si?

This past spring I was about to put my summer tires on my Si Sedan (winters on when I got it). I slid my floor jack under and when I looked to see where to position it, I was stumped..... I could only see the plastic shields, and nothing I was 110% confident that would support the car's weight on the jack. I ended up using the emergency jack in the truck to do one wheel at a time. It's almost time for winter tires, plus I want to undercoat it myself this time so I need the height. Good to know for down the road when I'm out of warrantee and pick-up my own oil changes and repairs too. I was goin to pick the guys brains at the shop during the next oil change, but any tips here are welcome! I would want a spot to lift the front as well as the back. The plate of the jack is about 6" x 6". Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
There should be a peace of metal that sticks out under the fender that has 2 indentions on it. It may seem as if its not a strong point to jack up but it is. That's where Honda tells you to. I'll try and take a picture later of the spot

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
125 Posts
It should also show ou on the owners manual.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
There should be a peace of metal that sticks out under the fender that has 2 indentions on it. It may seem as if its not a strong point to jack up but it is. That's where Honda tells you to. I'll try and take a picture later of the spot

He is taking about a floor jack... it will crunch those spots. He needs a solid frame spot not those tabs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
On the front, in the middle of the subframe there is actually an arrow that points to the location for where a jack should be used (have to get low to see it). In the rear, use the tow hook.

·
Registered
125 Posts
On the front, in the middle of the subframe there is actually an arrow that points to the location for where a jack should be used (have to get low to see it). In the rear, use the tow hook.
That's what I was mentioning.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts