9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is my recent email exchange with them. After spending way too much money on my previouse whip, only to sell it for the civic, I promised myself I would not mod again. Now I am finding it harder to keep that promise myself..with more love for the R18!

Me: Do you guys have plans for any boost systems for the R18?

Them: Yes, we will be releasing our new Jackson Racing supercharger system for the Civic R18 in the next month or so. Please keep an eye on jacksonracing.com for more information soon!

Regards,

Me: Will the kit be specific for the R18A1 or R18Z1? Or will it be compatable for both? Also will you guys be applying for CARB certification?

Them: Our initial release will be for 2006-2011 R18A1. We are in the process of testing other versions of the R-Series.

Yes, we will be applying for a CARB EO with the R18. We recently received our CARB EO for the CR-Z supercharger system.

Regards,

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will it be centrifugal compressor or a roots type??? Sorry I forgot to ask that, but I figure centrifugal will be the route as the CRZ already has one avail from them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They just udpated their site:

Jackson Racing Civic R18 Supercharger System Released | Jackson Racing

No need to buy an intake as the kit comes with it's own set up.

Non-Intercooled FlashPro Tuner System – $3795
- CARB EO# D-700-1
- Jackson Racing Civic R18 Supercharger System (+40HP over Stock)
- Hondata FlashPro
- Jackson Racing Civic R18 FlashPro Calibration
- High Flow Fuel Injectors

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Based on the dyno on their site, it looks like 203.9 whp on the dyno for CARB legal goodness. I am guessing a dynapak? GUI looks very similar to a dynapack.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Idk I'd have to say for that money could of got an SI and a few bolt ons would put you over that power and the SI platform stock is better than the submodels and even if its carb legal its still illegal to install on your car in California idk I bet it would be fun to drive tho and keep it sleeper I guess interesting.
Ill still give em thumbs up

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like the CARB legal version won't put out as much as the race only version, and intercoolers are only for manual transmissions.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It says for 2006-2011.

·
Registered
49 Posts
it'd be interesting to see if they come out with a vers for the k24...just to see what them and kraftwerks can both squeeze out of the rotrex unit. I'm assuming it'd be a rotrex since moss motorsports does all the eaton-based blowers that jackson used to produce.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Is this supercharger going to work with 2013 R18?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Is this supercharger going to work with 2013 R18?
If/When they develop a S/C for the 9thgen, then yes but the existing R18 S/C is a no-go for the 2012+ so far. It's gonna be a while for you guys. If I had to guess I'd say another 1-2 years before you all see boost kits.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I hope they make a roots type blower like CTE did. I prefer a JRSC over them. Maybe it's just me.
I also wonder if I could use my JRSC I have for my K20a2, and maybe switch out the intake manifold for the 8th gen JRSC manifold and get it to work? I'd probably need an adapter for the manifold conversion like the RBC kit does.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Idk I'd have to say for that money could of got an SI and a few bolt ons would put you over that power and the SI platform stock is better than the submodels and even if its carb legal its still illegal to install on your car in California idk I bet it would be fun to drive tho and keep it sleeper I guess interesting.
Ill still give em thumbs up

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App
True.
4k and you'd still be missing an LSD and 6 speed transmission that's standard in the Si; but the sub models aren't as heavy as the Si is, so 200 hp ion an ex is more than 200 hp in an Si.
Still would need an LSD to get all that power down good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts