9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I came across a picture of an FD2 and I like the red hazard switch. Wondering if it would fit a 2012 civic Si. Does anyone know if it'll fit? image.jpg

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't know if it'll fit but I'd like to see it. Maybe they'll make new one for 9th gens

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Don't know if it'll fit but I'd like to see it. Maybe they'll make new one for 9th gens
DEFINETELY WILL :)

Gotta take the dash off, but its the same module size :)

Take it to the dealer and tell them the OEM one os acting up. Tell them you took the liberty to find another new one that is pretty much the same...

Free labor, worry free and installed by a Honda dude so you get paperwork for it :D

keep in mind, it will be SLIGHTLY off angle.. so it will look shitty.... try the 9thgen one! They have it out now :D

Reactions: DBPFG4

·
Registered
572 Posts

Take it to the dealer and tell them the OEM one os acting up. Tell them you took the liberty to find another new one that is pretty much the same...

Free labor, worry free and installed by a Honda dude so you get paperwork for it :D
Lol, I wish it were that simple. Most dealerships aren't stupid, they would 1) check to make sure you weren't B.S. ing about it acting up, and 2) would not install a part that was not intended for yiure vehicle. If someone has a dealer that would, please let me know where it is so I can go there lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Lol, I wish it were that simple. Most dealerships aren't stupid, they would 1) check to make sure you weren't B.S. ing about it acting up, and 2) would not install a part that was not intended for yiure vehicle. If someone has a dealer that would, please let me know where it is so I can go there lol
HAHA They did it for meeee!!

I told them incandescent brake lights were acting up and i wanted to put LED to make it more reliable. They did it for me :)

Reactions: 2013kona

·
Registered
976 Posts
HAHA They did it for meeee!!

I told them incandescent brake lights were acting up and i wanted to put LED to make it more reliable. They did it for me :)
The techs will believe anything in Sudbury i guess! Lol

·
Registered
976 Posts
Its not only JDM. It`s also Mexican. Lol MDM!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

like lilwade said, it only it were that easy! maybe it wouldn't hurt to try though but I doubt they'll do it.

I think the asian 9th gens have them. I seen a picture somewhere but I don't know where we could find it for sale.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey alienprime, I really wanna see your hazard switch. Can you post some pics?

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
I guess there's no Jdm hazard switch alienprime?
Sorry for the late reply, glad you bumped it tho! I didn't do my hazard light button, but i can try and do it this weekend and show you that it'll work! I was only saying that they swapped the incandescent brake lights for an LED one i bought. I didn't want to tear apart the trunk wrong so i let them do it :)

I'll PM you later in the week once i have the button installed. I'll probably just buy one from ebay... its the same module as the 8th gen civics :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
@ ptrhang

I've found THIS one :)

Just purchased it, will update when its installed, or maybe i'll make a lil DIY guide :)

Either way, i'll PM you and link it from here :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
**ALSO**

These guys are within an hour of my house, i might even buy another from these guys to get it quicker :)

Gave them a call, but nobody answered :(

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey alien did you get these installed yet by any chance?

1 - 20 of 313 Posts