9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
ImageUploadedByAG Free1379489261.146946.jpg
And removed the civic emblem on the trunk.
Sorry for all the posts guys, had pictures on multiple phones lol
ImageUploadedByAG Free1379489339.979965.jpg
Last pic... For now.
Mods to come would be some eibach pro line springs and other suspension components upgraded, 20% tint all around, pdipping all the chrome, 8000k headlights, p2r tbs, and Once a tuning software is available ill go turbo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Looks good! Kona is a cool color. Why the hood spacer though?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good! Kona is a cool color. Why the hood spacer though?
Thanks!
I used hood spacers To clear my Sri since it sits up kind of high and while driving the cooler air is rushing through the engine bay... Well theoretically lol.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the boot on the shifter, just gotta change the knob now :p !

I definitely want to do that, although it was a small safety issue.
I changed the knob in my last auto and I had to disengage the solenoid that clicks when the brakes are applied and the rod going down the shaft that was operated by the push button so I'd be able to shift.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Put a boot on the shifter.
That looks sick! Where did you get the boot from? How hard was the install? I'd be very interested in doing this

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks sick! Where did you get the boot from? How hard was the install? I'd be very interested in doing this
It was just a cheap one from autozone I believe.
Wasn't too hard to install just have to take apart the center console and it's pretty simple from there, just stretch it over the plastic part that displays the gears and reinstall the center console and kind of hammer it down around the shifter with your fist since it'll be a tight fit.
Eventually I'll try to take apart the shift knob and replace it with a nicer knob, ill make a guide on that if you're interested lol.

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is that engine cover?!? Is that only on the LX?

After searching the interwebz it looks like a 2013 R18 change. Weird. Weight saving??

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
It's the stock engine cover my lx came with just painted, not sure about other 1.8 models.
I do believe the 2012 and 2013 engine covers were different.

·
Registered
716 Posts
It's the stock engine cover my lx came with just painted, not sure about other 1.8 models.
I do believe the 2012 and 2013 engine covers were different.

I don't really like the one on the coupes and the '12, it's got too much going on. But this one looks short like it's missing parts. Interesting that they changed it tho.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
It was just a cheap one from autozone I believe.
Wasn't too hard to install just have to take apart the center console and it's pretty simple from there, just stretch it over the plastic part that displays the gears and reinstall the center console and kind of hammer it down around the shifter with your fist since it'll be a tight fit.
Eventually I'll try to take apart the shift knob and replace it with a nicer knob, ill make a guide on that if you're interested lol.

Man, if you made a diy guide that would be sick, cuz this is def something i want to do. The biggest turn off for the interior (imo) is the ugly shift knob lol, i want somethin smaller, thicker, and sportier

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man, if you made a diy guide that would be sick, cuz this is def something i want to do. The biggest turn off for the interior (imo) is the ugly shift knob lol, i want somethin smaller, thicker, and sportier

I will definitely make one, just be patient, won't have my civic back till next week I believe lol.

1 - 20 of 227 Posts