9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title pretty much says it all. The Honda dealer a was telling me that Honda made 200 HFP's (legitimate VINNED Civic HFP's across Canada & the US) Just curious as to how many people actually own one.... I know they only come in two colors, Black and white, but even when i requested a white one, the dealer told me they wouldn't even be able to get their hands on one. They told me to buy a regular Si and buy the bodykits, and package for the car for an extra $7000, and not even have a legit HFP with the suspension package! I felt it was pretty lame! So, i went black, even tho its much hard to keep clean and keep looking pristine

Can anybody contribute?

·
Registered
255 Posts
myth. here in calgary just at the dealer ship i use they have had 5 or 6. there 5 dealer ships here in the area. do the math

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have a legit HFP and im from the US (California)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes i understand. If you go inquire about them, you will see that only few of them are legitimately vinned that way. Because of the shortage and the increased demand, dealerships were installing the wheels, body kits and all. Like i said, especially if you see colors other than black and white you'll know they won't be legit. you can also have the ministry of transport look up the VIN #. The computers show it as
"2012 Honda Civic Si HFP Special Edt."

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two so far? I know for sure there is another guy with a black one on this forum just forget his name....

·
Registered
799 Posts
Am I the only legit hfp from the US?

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
There's a bunch on here from Canada.

I may have the most illegitimate HFP on this site with the suspension that illegally crossed the border, lighting, lips, and wheels awaiting more cash for tires. Only thing I'm missing are the red mats and badges. I wanted legit HFP but couldn't get one for some reason when I got mine.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Ive got a legit HFP si coupe (TW)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh Honda was were assholes to me about it too! I told them i only wanted the HFP. Either way your car still looks AMAZINGG!!! I just bought a full set of red LED interior lights today! Gonna be a cool light-up experience :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And you even live in Ontariooo :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes i understand. If you go inquire about them, you will see that only few of them are legitimately vinned that way. Because of the shortage and the increased demand, dealerships were installing the wheels, body kits and all. Like i said, especially if you see colors other than black and white you'll know they won't be legit. you can also have the ministry of transport look up the VIN #. The computers show it as
"2012 Honda Civic Si HFP Special Edt."
All of the HFP edition cars were sent to the dealers as a regular production model. We installed the skirts, suspension and wheels as they arrived. Non of the cars were shipped from the factory with the HFP items already installed.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Weird, maybe the dealer lied to me. He told me specifically that the car came like that from Honda, and it was vinned that way... I'll certainly have a chat with him Tomorrow!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Weird, maybe the dealer lied to me. He told me specifically that the car came like that from Honda, and it was vinned that way... I'll certainly have a chat with him Tomorrow!
I will double check when I get to work in the morning but I also pretty sure that the vin's are no different than regular size models.

I know the Accords had numbered dash plaques that we installed but I don't recall if the Civics did.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Msg me tomorrow anyways, but if thats true then the dealer lied to me. He told me that he got my car from Honda the way it was now. He even made note that the Insurance papers were different because it was not an Si VIN number :(

Now im pissed at him!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I work at a dealer in the Maritimes! And we got two of the HFP's, a Black and a White one, and they where shipped stock and we installed the the HFP kits at the dealer!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok thanks for clarification :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just ran the VIN's for the two cars we did and our parts system only recognizes them as Si coupes.

The HFP package is still available from the dealers. It retails for $4006.00 plus HST. This includes installation but tires are not included in the price.

If someone was lucky enough to get a HFP edition Si the package including tires only added $2700 to the price of the car.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Am I the only legit hfp from the US?
I dont think you are the only 1 from the US with the actual HFP kit- maybe you are the only one on the forum. I thought Honda said they were making 500 HFP models

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
^^ yea I'm pretty sure there were 500 made I'm not sure if it was 500 for Canada and us or 500 each.. But for sure he isent the only one in the us

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I confronted the dealer about this today, he assured me that they receive the car on the lot without a single kilometer while it had the HFP package. He told me that he can track the paperwork and show me that the car came this way directly from factory...
From what you guys are saying sounds like he's lieing through his teeth haha

1 - 20 of 161 Posts