9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the wife just finished waxing the new car.

We started with washing with Mother's California Gold.
Then the clay bar. The clay bar was slick right from the start....there probably wasn't much contamination since it's a new car.
Then the 3 step polish, sealer, wax.
After that a detailing to remove all the wax in the cracks, and to clean up the trim with some vinyl protectant.
Then some rainx xtreme clean polish on the windows to clean off all the crap from waxing.

It took the 2 of us 8 hours or 16 total man hours. Thank god we only do this extreme only twice a year. From now on it's a quick spray wax after washing, and the occasional FX Synth wax during the summer.

1.jpg

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
looks good man!
im waiting for a good nice day or week before ill clay bar n wax my car.. lol

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
Me and the wife just finished waxing the new car.

We started with washing with Mother's California Gold.
Then the clay bar. The clay bar was slick right from the start....there probably wasn't much contamination since it's a new car.
Then the 3 step polish, sealer, wax.
After that a detailing to remove all the wax in the cracks, and to clean up the trim with some vinyl protectant.
Then some rainx xtreme clean polish on the windows to clean off all the crap from waxing.

It took the 2 of us 8 hours or 16 total man hours. Thank god we only do this extreme only twice a year. From now on it's a quick spray wax after washing, and the occasional FX Synth wax during the summer.

View attachment 5453
You must be using too much product ... in a full detail I never have to do that .. If the 3 step your using is the Meguairs a lot of that can be done with a quality AIO like Klasse AIO or Optimum Poliseal.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Plus when you put a sealer on you have to wait 8-12 hours for it to cure. And the car has to be inside while doing this. And like the other guy said you must have used to much product if you had to clean all the wax out of the trim and stuff.

Also you said you did a detail if you did a three step or more it's called pait correction.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 3 step used was Mother's. I buy the stuff form Amsoil so I already owned it. And there wasn't that much on the trim...very little and a bit in the cracks. It came off really easy in under 10 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts