9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im just use dry towel to wipe it then spray, I bough my car 1 month ago so the rear brake has little rust. im spay over the rust :))

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,485 Posts
If you want true rustproofing with little prep, get a paint product called POR-15. Don't get it on anything you don't want it on because once it dries it's stronger than Superman.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,485 Posts
Looks great. I have to do that to mine, too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
doing this soon just a matter of having a day off

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sucks living in the snow land. I'll have to wait till Spring or Summer to paint my drum.
its a little warm right now if i had today off id do it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks good. Dunno why Honda keeps using drums when disc brakes look and feel better. Ah well. I got the drums too on my 2012 Hybrid. I miss having all disc brakes.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looks good. Dunno why Honda keeps using drums when disc brakes look and feel better. Ah well. I got the drums too on my 2012 Hybrid. I miss having all disc brakes.
longer life, easier to maintain, cheaper to produce. cheaper for everyone involved. granted disks are better looking and more efficient braking wise

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah but how much of a price difference between drum and disc brakes? Even if it's $50 difference per drum to go disc I'd pay it!!

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts