Registered
1,251 Posts
Ha lol Yolo

FB2 squad #17

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always love their SRI designs,they look well thought out and quality, keep us updated.
yes!! this is the reason why I went ahead. I feel like everything is built to make perfect use of what is currently there. I will give thoughts on the intake, possibly vid and pics

·
Registered
482 Posts
I read this post and immediately ordered. I was very close to ordering the Injen when it first came out but wanted to wait a little while before I heard more about it. I really wanted to wait for this intake because I knew it wont let me down because the one they made for the 8th was precise and made some hp while utilizing the stock air box :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep, K&N has some very quality parts and worksmanship. With my experience with them, they have put out great products and make me feel like im getting my moneys worth right down from packaging to everything included in box

·
Registered
918 Posts
I like how they retained the stock lower air intake hose. This and the removal of the stock resonator may be full of Win!!

Marko!!

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Looks nice, But why is their stock dyno numbers only 153.95whp? That is extremely low.

·
Registered
918 Posts
......hummm you've got a point.... Dyno'ed in a higher gear perhaps, or some kind of dumbass filled the tank with 87octane!! :p

Marko!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Where you guys buying from?!

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think that you can buy it directly on their website! Or maybe a Keystone retailer like Canadian Tire or any speedshop!

Marko!

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
Looks nice, But why is their stock dyno numbers only 153.95whp? That is extremely low.
(1) Looks like it's consistent about 175-177 from 6000-7000 rpm, where you'd expect. They're quoting at 5400 rpm for the 153.95 number. Conclusion: zero gain on peak hp but 10-11 hp off-peak. Looks like 12 ft. lb. peak torque at 4400 rpm.

(2) Interesting to see but does the prototype owner run these boards? Because 24,000 miles would be up on our high-miler list!!

(3) Looking at it, it too connects to the stock intake piping!!!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
(1) Looks like it's consistent about 175-177 from 6000-7000 rpm, where you'd expect. They're quoting at 5400 rpm for the 153.95 number. Conclusion: zero gain on peak hp but 10-11 hp off-peak. Looks like 12 ft. lb. peak torque at 4400 rpm.

(2) Interesting to see but does the prototype owner run these boards? Because 24,000 miles would be up on our high-miler list!!

(3) Looking at it, it too connects to the stock intake piping!!!
Yeah, I like how it looks. I want to see "real world" numbers and I want to hear it.

Since it connects to the stock tube it's like the aFe CAI but not fully enclosed.

1 - 20 of 583 Posts