9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the boards. I did some pretty extensive Google-ing, and ran an advanced search under the relevant sub-forums while checking into this. I only found older posts from 2014-2016 on this, so let me give some details.

2012 Civic EX-L - Automatic

Was curious to know whether the aftermarket had grown enough since 2016 to make a K-Swap into this car feasible or not? The thing about Hondas always was that you could put any motor into any car and, as long as the market was built-up enough, it would be relatively inexpensive. Back in '05-'06 when I had my Hondas, GSR swaps into Integras and Civics were super common and inexpensive compared to trying to source the newer K20s. My wife and I own this Civic sedan outright, and it's getting a little higher in mileage these days. I'm just curious as to whether the cost to complete this has gone down or not.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Unfortunately, as you already found, you probably won't get much information. I don't think there are many people that have ever done this, especially on an automatic. These cars aren't like the old Honda's where you can drop a b series in anything.

Most will just say sell the car and buy an Si. Way less work, cheaper, and you get all the other benefits (better styling, suspension, brakes).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts