9th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts
So I’m planning on getting the Ktuned DP cause I have the ktuned exhaust already and like to have a matching set. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on either the catted or cattless. What would be a better choice what are the pros and cons of each.

So I’m planning on getting the Ktuned DP cause I have the ktuned exhaust already and like to have a matching set. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on either the catted or cattless. What would be a better choice what are the pros and cons of each.
Catted and catless depends on how strict your state/area's emissions law is. If you require emissions testing, better to go with catted. If you do not require emissions testing, go ahead with the catless. I believe catless helps with a few HP as there is no catalytic converter to deter the flow to the exhaust. Catless usually is louder than catted, too.

Hope that helps!

Catted and catless depends on how strict your state/area's emissions law is. If you require emissions testing, better to go with catted. If you do not require emissions testing, go ahead with the catless. I believe catless helps with a few HP as there is no catalytic converter to deter the flow to the exhaust. Catless usually is louder than catted, too.

Hope that helps!
Yes it does somewhat, I live in Texas so I don’t think we do emission testing here. I’m just worried with catless that ima be to loud in the morning when I go to work at 5 in the morning but then again it’s my neighbors fault for living next to me lol.

Yes it does somewhat, I live in Texas so I don’t think we do emission testing here. I’m just worried with catless that ima be to loud in the morning when I go to work at 5 in the morning but then again it’s my neighbors fault for living next to me lol.
Depends on what county you're in. Denton country where I am will hook it to the machine. If you go catless you will have to disable the secondary O2 sensor which will most likely fail.

Depends on what county you're in. Denton country where I am will hook it to the machine. If you go catless you will have to disable the secondary O2 sensor which will most likely fail.
Hmmm well in the county I’m at we have diesels who literally blow coal when they barely move at a green light.

Hope that helps!
Yea you will be loud AF in the morning with a cold start. Also people with catless complain about smelling fumes in the cabin. Also there will be considerable drone so if youre someone who doesnt like a lot of drone then catted is the way to go. The power difference ive seen with some people in my area/state is a few extra whp and wtq which is not a real noticeable difference especially when the vast majority of the time youre just doing normal daily driving. Im making 205whp and 174wtq catted and guy with same car and similar mods except he has a catless dp and pulleys is making 210whp 180wtq. In the 1/8th mile hes only just over .1 of a second faster than me and hed also done mild weight reduction and is a much lighter person than me by 60 pounds. To me that doesnt seem worth the headache of having a twice as loud car with considerable drone. But this is all just my personal opinion, your car do what you want bud.

Hope that helps!
Yea you will be loud AF in the morning with a cold start. Also people with catless complain about smelling fumes in the cabin. Also there will be considerable drone so if youre someone who doesnt like a lot of drone then catted is the way to go. The power difference ive seen with some people in my area/state is a few extra whp and wtq which is not a real noticeable difference especially when the vast majority of the time youre just doing normal daily driving. Im making 205whp and 174wtq catted and guy with same car and similar mods except he has a catless dp and pulleys is making 210whp 180wtq. In the 1/8th mile hes only just over .1 of a second faster than me and hed also done mild weight reduction and is a much lighter person than me by 60 pounds. To me that doesnt seem worth the headache of having a twice as loud car with considerable drone. But this is all just my personal opinion, your car do what you want bud.
So it seems like catted would probably be the way to go I’m not to fond of smelling fumes from my cabin unless I know the cars fully built lol. Hopefully I’ll still have some good noise to the car but won’t be basically straight piped loud

Unpopular contribution: any of the aftermarket “performance” downpipes, whether with a catalytic converter or without, are illegal for vehicles used on public roads. If your car originally came from the manufacturer with a catalytic converter, it must retain one. Whether or not your region of the country performs emissions testing is irrelevant.
Furthermore, most “high-flow” catalytic converters will not meet emissions. That’s why they are always designated for non-pollution control vehicles only. Use at your own risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unpopular contribution: any of the aftermarket “performance” downpipes, whether with a catalytic converter or without, are illegal for vehicles used on public roads. If your car originally came from the manufacturer with a catalytic converter, it must retain one. Whether or not your region of the country performs emissions testing is irrelevant.
Furthermore, most “high-flow” catalytic converters will not meet emissions. That’s why they are always designated for non-pollution control vehicles only. Use at your own risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh well

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.