9th Gen Civic Forum banner

K-Tuned CMC kit for the 2012-2015 Civic Si

19K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  Canadian9thGen 
#1 ·
So we all know of the Hybrid Racing, Hardmotion and other EM1 CMC kits for our cars. They work ok for the most part, and I had actually installed my Hybrid Racing EM1 CMC, and removed it several times to compare to the stock CMC for comparison purposes. I ended up liking the feel of the EM1 CMC as far as clutch feel but I hated the idea of mixing and matching parts, the rod didn't mate correctly to the piston inside the CMC, and there was a bunch of vibration in the pedal, as well as a crunchy feeling when engaging the pedal because of the different shapes on the mating surfaces of the rod, and the piston. I was going to live with it until K-Tuned came out with a CMC kit for our cars. The major difference in this kit is that it is a CMC designed by K-Tuned. It isn't an OEM CMC that has to be modified to work correctly or anything like that. It has better than OEM internals (metal piston etc.). I finally got around to installing it today so I thought I would chime in on it. Clutch feel is very nice with linear engagement. The pedal is extremely smooth with no crunchiness. Most of all, no pedal vibration! I had used the Hybrid Racing SS clutch line with both the stock CMC and the EM1 CMC and I noticed a significant difference in vibration with the EM1 CMC, so I am glad that there is no pedal vibration.

Box it comes in:

From left to right: stock, Hybrid Racing EM1 kit, K-Tuned

Closeup of the K-Tuned unit

The other kits on the market shouldn't even be in consideration anymore. The K-Tuned CMC is a direct bolt on replacement that deletes the diaphram, has better internals and will make shifting feel much better.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the great review brotha!

#9 ·
I installed mine yesterday. What a difference! No more slow and vague clutch engagement. The car finally feels as it should be. I did the CDV delete last year, i strongly recommend everyone to do those two mods.

In terms of installation difficulty, I personally found that it was a PITA because of the location of the CMC. The access is very tight but its doable with patience.
Couple of questions for you two:
1. Where did u buy this kit?
2. Is the swap easy as taking the old part out and putting the new part in? Or does some of the stock internals from the stock part needs to be put back in the K-tuned kit?

Thanks.

#8 ·
I installed mine yesterday. What a difference! No more slow and vague clutch engagement. The car finally feels as it should be. I did the CDV delete last year, i strongly recommend everyone to do those two mods.

In terms of installation difficulty, I personally found that it was a PITA because of the location of the CMC. The access is very tight but its doable with patience.

#10 ·
So the main purpose of this mod is to have a smoother clutch feel? I feel like it's smooth already. Are there any other benefits?

#19 ·
Ever since I bought the car it seems like I almost have to ride the clutch a little bit to take off in 1st... anyone else experience this? Will this CMC kit fix that - make the engagement quicker without having to use up too much clutch?

#20 ·
The EM1 makes it engage quicker. Although stock, EM1 and Ktuned you don't have to ride if you rev before letting the clutch out in first. Of all the CMCs I have, the EM1 has the shortest engagement.

I ordered a modified stock CMC from K20z3AllMotor, so I will probably write up a detailed piece on all the master cylinders.

#27 ·
Just wanted to chime in on the clevis situation. Installed the full kit on my car and you don't necessarily have to replace the clevis. If you give the ktuned clevis a little bend inwards with pliers or a vice grip the cotter pin will fit in the set pin. If you use it straight out of the box the clevis attachment sits over the cotter pin hole just a bit. Bend it a little and you can use the ktuned clevis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.