9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one here managed to swap a k20 head onto a k24z7 block and if so how hard was it and what was needed

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It does not work on website. Sadly I tried to fix it, but this needs some dango computer wizard.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
has any one here managed to swap a k20 head onto a k24z7 block and if so how hard was it and what was needed
Hello, I havent done it yet but next week I Will. The mechanic told me the parts a need: intake manifold RBC or if you want to upgrade Skunk2 Street series, the skunk2 Alpha series Header (for K20), the OEM head gasket, Studds just in case you need take our the head for upgrade.The civic SI long or short arm intake. And the Hondata. There is a very small mod tinny one to the gasket, when you compare them you Will see what it needs and if you want to keep your injectors, there is also a tinny mod to the manifold because k24 injectors are a bit bigger or you can buy the adapters

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hello, I havent done it yet but next week I Will. The mechanic told me the parts a need: intake manifold RBC or if you want to upgrade Skunk2 Street series, the skunk2 Alpha series Header (for K20), the OEM head gasket, Studds just in case you need take our the head for upgrade.The civic SI long or short arm intake. And the Hondata. There is a very small mod tinny one to the gasket, when you compare them you Will see what it needs and if you want to keep your injectors, there is also a tinny mod to the manifold because k24 injectors are a bit bigger or you can buy the adapters
I've got a RBC, with 9th gen injectors. I used the adapters. I would try to get 8th gen injectors, as I recently read on a older Honda forum that adapters space the injectors away, and mess up their aim.
The guy said he only lost 7HP using adapters vs right size injectors, so take that for what it's worth.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes, it's possible. Youtube search k24z7 and scroll thru, you'll see a few ppl with them. Prayoonto does this swap too. It's kind of a hush hush swap for some reason. Plus, the k24z7 head can be ported and flow just as much as the k20

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a RBC, with 9th gen injectors. I used the adapters. I would try to get 8th gen injectors, as I recently read on a older Honda forum that adapters space the injectors away, and mess up their aim.
The guy said he only lost 7HP using adapters vs right size injectors, so take that for what it's worth.
Thanks Man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts