9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some inform me on which header I am supposed to modify and or how I supposed to modify it, I tried reaching out to k20z3allmotor on instagram a while back but he didn’t say much all he said was the header was a skunk2 alpha. He didn’t say from which chassis fg2 Dc5 fa5 i know all I neee to know about boost I am currently looking into mercracing tvs 1900 but before I spend that kind of money I’d really like to try this because in all honesty I prefer n/a k24z7 is a really great motor but I prefer a real k24 with real vtec

·
Registered
263 Posts
im pretty sure i seen what you need on facebook - official 9th gen civic parts.
scroll down i think it was $1200 for the header.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Can some inform me on which header I am supposed to modify and or how I supposed to modify it, I tried reaching out to k20z3allmotor on instagram a while back but he didn’t say much all he said was the header was a skunk2 alpha. He didn’t say from which chassis fg2 Dc5 fa5 i know all I neee to know about boost I am currently looking into mercracing tvs 1900 but before I spend that kind of money I’d really like to try this because in all honesty I prefer n/a k24z7 is a really great motor but I prefer a real k24 with real vtec
Let me know what you find. I'm already supercharged with the MercRacing 1900 kit and looking in upgrading the heads also. Thanks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
How do you like it? How is it for daily driving?
I've had the kit for over 10k miles with no issues. It's been great. Pushing 384whp/312wtq. I'm actually in process of upgrading my transmission, switching to e85, and upping the boost. Hopefully I can hit close to 450whp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had the kit for over 10k miles with no issues. It's been great. Pushing 384whp/312wtq. I'm actually in process of upgrading my transmission, switching to e85, and upping the boost. Hopefully I can hit close to 450whp.
Oh wow that’s really good, goodluck on the build

·
Registered
411 Posts
Oh wow that’s really good, goodluck on the build
Thanks man. If you have any questions, hit up MercRacing. He is extremely helpful. If not, you can hit up Johny Tank (Youtube name). He's been a long time customer and just broke the record for the fastest supercharged 8th gen with a 1900; running a 10.8 @130mph. We do a live stream here and there on YouTube [owner of MercRacing, Johny Tank, Reese's Cars (YouTube name - also another MercRacing customer), and myself (CGNL Evolved - YouTube name)].

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol oh wow, that’s crazy you’re actually the reason I chose merc racing over kraftwerks I watched your vids like 2 days ago it’s really quick. And yeah I watched his whole video on the mercracing install on an 8th gen. Thank you for the response and information

·
Registered
411 Posts
lol oh wow, that’s crazy you’re actually the reason I chose merc racing over kraftwerks I watched your vids like 2 days ago it’s really quick. And yeah I watched his whole video on the mercracing install on an 8th gen. Thank you for the response and information
lol, that's awesome. Yea, I was in the same boat as you once; deciding between MercRacing and KW. After more research and all, glad I chose the MR kit. You'll be happy with it.

Reactions: Fb6Will_
1 - 11 of 11 Posts