9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1293 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,263
I said I wasn't going to buy any more car detailing products but that didn't last long lol. In the past Turtle Wax products have always been third or fourth choice options for me definitely never a go to product but recently Turtle Wax has seriously stepped up their game and their new lineup of car detailing products has gotten rave reviews.

Fast forward today I went in search of the Turtle Wax Ceramic coating spray. This product has gotten crazy good reviews for high gloss, exceptional water beading and outstanding longevity and best of all it's just a spray on wipe off product. I ran into a dilemma though I also stumbled across the Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine. Some say the Seal N Shine performs as well if not better than the Ceramic spray and it's slightly less expensive too. Now I had a problem I couldn't decide which one to get so I bought both lol :rolleyes:. Game plan is to use one on my car and the other on the wife's car than compare kind of excited to see what these products can do will report back for sure.

Mother's clay bar kit was on sale so I grabbed that too lol. I only have one clay bar left so I needed to restock my arsenal. Another thing I noticed only because the Mothers kit was sitting beside the Meguiars clay bar kit is the Mother's clay bar is actually a bigger piece of clay than Meguiar's so something to keep in mind when deciding between the two.

Also stumbled across these tire shine applicators 2 pack for a $1 these will come in super handy.

After this went home before I could do anymore damage.:devilish:

·
I Need A Vacation
13,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,264 (Edited)

Got super excited to test out the Turtle Wax Seal N Shine yesterday. Even though it was on my wife's car and not my Civic I just wanted to show you guys the results. Couple things here first off my wife's car is a platinum grey color so it's slightly lighter grey than my Civic. Also before I put down the Seal N Shine I put on an extra coat of wax to topoff my clay, polish, seal and wax from two weeks ago so I had a really clean surface to work on.

This product has been called a game changer as far as ease of use, price and crazy good results and got to say this is pretty impressive. Gloss/shine is top notch, slickness was second to none, amazing water sheathing ability and most of all it's super durable even comparable to Fusso 99 Soft a Japanese brand sealant which is like an industry standard for durability. Key is don't overspray just use a couple squirts on the panel and add if you need to, overspray leads to streaking. The other thing I noticed was how versatile this product is it is friendly on glass and trim and actually left trim with a nice matte finish. Overall totally recommend this product the results were outstanding considering how little effort it takes to use and price.(y)

·
I Need A Vacation
13,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,265 (Edited)
Been spending alot of time at home these days just like everybody else so doing more cleaning and detailing and been updating my stash of detailing products.:devilish:

Excited to give the Turtle Wax Ceramic spray coating a go yesterday to see what it could do since I heard so many good things about it.

Prepping is key to any detailing so gave the car a good wash than blow dry the surface. Since I did a full detail last time out clay, polish, seal and wax I could of hit it with the Ceramic spray coating right away but I decided to put down an extra layer of Meguiars ultimate liquid wax for added protection and gloss. Let the Meguiars wax cure for a couple hours and finally topped it all off with the ceramic spray coating. Considering the ease of use results are outstanding.

Comparing the Turtle Wax Ceramic spray coating and the Turtle Wax Seal N Shine to my eyes the Ceramic spray coating has a little more gloss. Ceramic spray coating you apply first coat than wait 24hr to cure than finish with a second coat so it's not a done and go product which could be the difference for alot of people. Seal N Shine you just spray and go no cure time you can apply a second coat of Seal N Shine as well which is what I did but you don't have to wait for any curing. At the end of the day both products are awesome both are keepers in my detailing arsenal and going to be using them regularly.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,267
I took out my air filter yesterday and cleaned it. I'm using a AFe Prodry re-usable air filter so you just have to wash it let it dry and put it back in no need to oil it again that's why I went with the AFe over the KN.

I didn't have any filter spray cleaner so I just lightly hosed it down with water than submerged it in a bucket of soap water for a couple hours and than let it dry overnight before reinstalling. Anybody considering getting one of these I haven't had any issues and I've had this on the car now for years it looks and feels almost like new after I cleaned it.

I also replaced my cabin filter while I was at it. I replaced the OEM filter with a carbon filter I bought from Amazon. Carbon filter is suppose to be better at keeping out unwanted smells. You can pretty much get three filters on Amazon for the price of one OEM.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I took out my air filter yesterday and cleaned it. I'm using a AFe Prodry re-usable air filter so you just have to wash it let it dry and put it back in no need to oil it again that's why I went with the AFe over the KN.
Yeah, I’m all about the dry filters. Intake on the wife’s RDX is dry, and so is my Takeda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
725 Posts
Hmmm. I have a K&N cabin air filter and I haven't cleaned the thing since I bought it some years ago. I pulled it last month and it doesn't even look dirty. Well, looks slightly dirty but not not awful.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,270
Hmmm. I have a K&N cabin air filter and I haven't cleaned the thing since I bought it some years ago. I pulled it last month and it doesn't even look dirty. Well, looks slightly dirty but not not awful.
My AFe Prodry air filter didn't look that dirty either I was expecting it to be filthy. I'm sure it has something to do with these free flowing filters hopefully they're doing the job keeping the crap out I haven't had any issues so far though.

·
Registered
725 Posts
My AFe Prodry air filter didn't look that dirty either I was expecting it to be filthy. I'm sure it has something to do with these free flowing filters hopefully they're doing the job keeping the crap out I haven't had any issues so far though.
I hope so. I usually drive with my windows down and sunroof vented open so it gets dusty quickly, kinda hard to tell.

·
Registered
725 Posts
So I used the 3 in 1 liquid wax that came with it and it did a good job removing what marks were on it. Not sure what to call them but I guess it was just on the clear coat. What kind of sandpaper should I use to practice some more? Probably gonna order the BOSS kit and play around some more. For the first time use it was pretty easy. Worse I did was get some spots warm but fender came out great to me. Did miss a spot that has some light read marks I didn't see the first time looking at it.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,273
So I used the 3 in 1 liquid wax that came with it and it did a good job removing what marks were on it. Not sure what to call them but I guess it was just on the clear coat. What kind of sandpaper should I use to practice some more? Probably gonna order the BOSS kit and play around some more. For the first time use it was pretty easy. Worse I did was get some spots warm but fender came out great to me. Did miss a spot that has some light read marks I didn't see the first time looking at it.
The higher the grit the finer the sandpaper maybe something like 600-800 grit would resemble light marring and scratches if applied to paint.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The higher the grit the finer the sandpaper maybe something like 600-800 grit would resemble light marring and scratches if applied to paint.
I would have to use compound and polish afterwards, right? Guess I would have to use dish soap to get the 3 in 1 off then.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,275
I would have to use compound and polish afterwards, right? Guess I would have to use dish soap to get the 3 in 1 off then.
A polish should be enough to clean off the panel than lightly spray down the panel with rubbing alcohol diluted in water and wipe off that should give you a fresh panel to work with.

·
Registered
725 Posts
A polish should be enough to clean off the panel than lightly spray down the panel with rubbing alcohol diluted in water and wipe off that should give you a fresh panel to work with.
See if I can find some. I got some rubbing alcohol but I think it's damn near empty. I have some dish soap and water in spray bottle already.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Civic SI Sedan
29 Posts
@kev604 Super clean gray 2013 SI Sedan you have! I have a black one that I drove off the dealership in 2013. It needs some exterior paint and detailing work due to the time it spent outside from the elements. Latest "upgrade": new windshield with sun shield banner. My OEM windshield had a black tinted banner but the corners started cracking so it was due for a brand new windshield.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,278
@kev604 Super clean gray 2013 SI Sedan you have! I have a black one that I drove off the dealership in 2013. It needs some exterior paint and detailing work due to the time it spent outside from the elements. Latest "upgrade": new windshield with sun shield banner. My OEM windshield had a black tinted banner but the corners started cracking so it was due for a brand new windshield. View attachment 491978
Car is still looking super clean.(y)

·
I Need A Vacation
13,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,279
I went to tighten the spoiler bolts since one was really loose and one of the bolts broke off. I didn't use too much force so looks like corrosion got to it. It doesn't look like there is anything else holding the spoiler down other than the two bolts. Now I'm down to one bolt on that side so I might apply some double sided tape to that one side to help keep it secure.

1261 - 1280 of 1293 Posts