9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1359 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
The roads near my house are laced with bumps and potholes and the road in to work is bumpy as hell so that is stopping me from spending too much on a new suspension. Looking at going with a Truhart struts Swift Springs combo. Similar performance and drop as HFP maybe slightly stiffer than HFP. Going to need a new suspension soon as the HFP struts are starting to leak and I can feel the suspension starting to bottom out.

When I installed the HFP it was a direct fit.
I believe you installed the hfp suspension at the beginning of 2014. How many miles did you drive on them? Its crazy you've had them for over 6 years.

I plan on installing them on my civic 2014 (lx) but a little worried what I might do when they eventually fail on me. I think the truhart / swift combo is just a tad lower than hfp but i think people said they prefer hfp over the truhart / swift combo? I cant remember.

Do you have an car ig kev?

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,302 ·
I believe you installed the hfp suspension at the beginning of 2014. How many miles did you drive on them? Its crazy you've had them for over 6 years.

I plan on installing them on my civic 2014 (lx) but a little worried what I might do when they eventually fail on me. I think the truhart / swift combo is just a tad lower than hfp but i think people said they prefer hfp over the truhart / swift combo? I cant remember.

I've only put about 50K miles on the suspension but age wise these things don't last forever. I'd consider putting the HFP again but doubt I can source one now at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
494 Posts

I would go with the Truhart/Swift combo if you have an LX. I've heard that the HFP kit actually raises the ride height on non-Si trims. I'll see if I can find the post.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would go with the Truhart/Swift combo if you have an LX. I've heard that the HFP kit actually raises the ride height on non-Si trims. I'll see if I can find the post.
Hi Fahnix,

I also read something similar but I think it was the si suspension on a lx, not hfp. This guy installed the HFP suspension on a 2012 lx and there is a small / non existent drop which I dont mind. I believe the 2014/2015 si have design changes to the kuckles but 2012-2015 civic lx's and 2012-2013 si's share the same specs so hopefully they will fit (but 16-14mm washer adapters are needed)

https://9th***************civic.com/forum/threads/tak-the-3-of-my-9th-gen-civic-fb2.14569/page-15

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,305 ·
I got a check DRL message on my IMID yesterday. The Hella yellow DRLs I've been running died after about a year of use. Ended up picking up a set of Sylvania Zxe halogens as replacements. Looking forward to give these a try for the first time. They're rated at 4200K but we will see.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
494 Posts
I got a check DRL message on my IMID yesterday. The Hella yellow DRLs I've been running died after about a year of use. Ended up picking up a set of Sylvania Zxe halogens as replacements. Looking forward to give these a try for the first time. They're rated at 4200K but we will see.
Damn, only a year?

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,307 ·
Damn, only a year?
I was getting a little tired of the yellow and was going to switch back to white anyways so saves me the trouble of coming up with an excuse to my wife.:devilish:

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,309 ·
Got a digital tire treadwear measuring gauge not sure why it took me so long to finally get one. Super useful and handy finally can get accurate measurements the coin trick can only go so far lol.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,310 ·
A quick update on the Sylvania Zxe halogens, overall I find them underwhelming I wasn't expecting to be blown away but for the price I expected a little better. As a DRL the color is a very soft white. The white is more solid on high beam but that doesn't help much cause how often do you drive with high beams on. I have a feeling they work better as low beams and not so much as DRLs.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,312 ·
Dang Kev, you still here. Hope you been doing well since the last time I met you 5 years ago!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Doing well. Si still going strong. Going to need a new suspension soon. Hope your well too stay safe and stay healthy.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,314 ·
Your on HFP still right? how many miles did they last you and have you decided on which new suspension to pick?
Depends how much further I push them but 60-65K miles. Not bad for what effectively was an aftermarket suspension that runs pretty stiff coupled with roads that have been getting worse and worse where I live.

I'd consider going with HFP again if I can source a set at a reasonable price but a quick search doesn't look like anything I can source easily so thinking of going with Truhart shocks Swift Springs combination. Don't want to go too expensive with my next setup due to the aforementioned crappy roads just want something similar to the HFP setup and I don't need adjustability of coilovers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd consider going with HFP again if I can source a set at a reasonable price but a quick search doesn't look like anything I can source easily so thinking of going with Truhart shocks Swift Springs combination. Don't want to go too expensive with my next setup due to the aforementioned crappy roads just want something similar to the HFP setup and I don't need adjustability of coilovers.
If you just need new shocks and don't mind non height adjustable (could be a concern if you live in Vancouver and VIs), I would say get Bilstein B6 or B8+. It rides VERY comfortable. Even on shit roads like Surrey. And it still handles great. I was able to get track performance (mission / ridge) and ride comfort with just Bilstein B8+ and H&R race springs. Granted my idea of comfort might be different, I also had 18s and 19s and I didn't see the trade off in ride quality that everyone talks about.

(Disclaimer: That set up was on my E46 330ci, which I also ended up putting in a chassis shifter and 95a poly all round, so I have a pretty high tolerance for vibrations)

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,316 ·
If you just need new shocks and don't mind non height adjustable (could be a concern if you live in Vancouver and VIs), I would say get Bilstein B6 or B8+. It rides VERY comfortable. Even on shit roads like Surrey. And it still handles great. I was able to get track performance (mission / ridge) and ride comfort with just Bilstein B8+ and H&R race springs. Granted my idea of comfort might be different, I also had 18s and 19s and I didn't see the trade off in ride quality that everyone talks about.

(Disclaimer: That set up was on my E46 330ci, which I also ended up putting in a chassis shifter and 95a poly all round, so I have a pretty high tolerance for vibrations)

Haven't really decided yet. Getting harder to source parts for 9thgen now too.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,317 ·
Ended up removing the Caruse Design Aero flap mostly because it just never grew on me also seemed like it was an invitation for people to want to race me. It was a bit of a pain to remove and clean the area. Probably will put it up for sale locally never saw another 9thgen in my area with one.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,318 ·
Picture Week. Going to post some old and not so old pictures of the Si this week.

Starting with this one. This was shortly after I got the Si still on stock suspension IIRC.😍😍😍😍

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,319 ·
...........Moved onto some 17x7 +45 Sparco Assetto Gara wheels in bronze. Always love bronze wheels they look good on any color car, didn't look too shabby on my grey Si.😉😉😉😉

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,320 ·
..........Got the itch and wanted wheels with more aggressive specs and just generally more aggressive looking so in came the Enkei TSP6 17x8 +35 in a gorgeous Gunmetal colour. Loved the concave face of the wheel. The Sparco wheels were donated to my wife's car which now serve as winter wheels.

1301 - 1320 of 1359 Posts