9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1347 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,322 ·
..........Than got a set of Enkei PF01 17x7.5 +38 in Sparkle Silver they weigh about 17lbs a corner. These are arguably my favourite Enkei wheels. Made in Japan wheels so quality was top notch.🤩🤩🤩🤩

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
..........Than got a set of Enkei PF01 17x7.5 +38 in Sparkle Silver they weigh about 17lbs a corner. These are arguably my favourite Enkei wheels. Made in Japan wheels so quality was top notch.😍

Looking even better lol

Reactions: kev604

·
I Need A Vacation
13,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,324 · (Edited)
...........Quite honestly I was happy with my wheel setup but such is the case I literally stumbled onto a sweet deal on a mint condition set of Enkei RPF1. They were the exact specs I wanted in 17x8 +35 and colour I wanted in black. Wheels weigh just over 15lbs😲. Also the guy selling them lived 15 minutes from my house so I guess it was meant to be LOL. Pictures never do justice for black wheels LOLOL.🤩🤩🤩🤩

Sad part is I had too many wheels at this point LOLOLOL. Unfortunately I no longer have the TSP6🤣 I miss those wheels I love concave wheels. Now I run the PF01 half the year and the RPF1 half the year.😁😁😁😁

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
442 Posts
never such thing as too many wheels haha.
your car is looking clean, nice work!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I've had like seven different sets on my car in three years. Can never have too many wheels.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i know man ... i think ive had 4 different sets on my car in the past 3 years, all reps but still fun.
i wanna get some ultra-light wheels next ...
my girlfriend says i’m dumb 😂

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
i know man ... i think ive had 4 different sets on my car in the past 3 years, all reps but still fun.
i wanna get some ultra-light wheels next ...
my girlfriend says i’m dumb 😂
Time for a new girlfriend. Anytime my wife complains about money spent I take inventory of her shoes and purses lol.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,330 ·
Finally picked out my new set of summer tires. Ended up going with a newer tire the Yokohama Advan Apex v601. On the street the Yokohama's should compare well to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4. On the track the Yokohama's probably slightly behind the PS4 when pushed to the peak but my car will never get pushed to those limits. Price wise the Yokohama's are more affordable.

Played with the idea of going to a beefier 235/45/17 setup but in the end stuck with the tried and tested 225/45/17 sizing. Tires will be in by the end of the week. They'll be mounted on my Enkei PF01 as my summer setup.
https://m.tirerack.com/videos/amp/p...ent=TT08_MP_YO_ADVAN_Apex_V601&testType=Short

·
I Need A Vacation
13,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,331 ·

Picked up a bottle of Meguire’s Ceramic Spray Detailer. From what I've read this is Meguire’s best Ceramic spray on product. Will use it as a topper after washes. I'm starting to transition away from the older school paste and liquid products as they are tedious to work with and terribly time consuming to these newer spray on Ceramic type products as they are so easy to use and with the newer technology offer similar or in many cases stronger protection and better gloss and hydrophobic qualities.

·
Registered
442 Posts

Picked up a bottle of Meguire’s Ceramic Spray Detailer. From what I've read this is Meguire’s best Ceramic spray on product. Will use it as a topper after washes. I'm starting to transition away from the older school paste and liquid products as they are tedious to work with and terribly time consuming to these newer spray on Ceramic type products as they are so easy to use and with the newer technology offer similar or in many cases stronger protection and better gloss and hydrophobic qualities.
let us know how you like it.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,334 ·
Finally got my new tires delivered. FedEx decided to deliver one tire yesterday and three tires today WTF. Probably still a couple weeks away from mounting as temperatures at night are still chilly.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,338 ·
BLING!!

Looks great. Talk about a mirror finish. How long did it take you?
The exterior alone took a day and I started out early. Mind you I'm getting old and I was working slow. Could of saved some time if I replaced liquid wax with a spray wax might do that next time but I've got a few bottles of opened liquid wax I want to use up and get rid of.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
454 Posts
The exterior alone took a day and I started out early. Mind you I'm getting old and I was working slow. Could of saved some time if I replaced liquid wax with a spray wax might do that next time but I've got a few bottles of opened liquid wax I want to use up and get rid of.
Phew! That's some effort. I'm considering just calling one of those mobile detailing guys. The last 2 times I detailed my car it took me the full day, plus a tad of the next day. I'm thinking it may be worth it to get that time back instead. The last time I swirled up the paint pretty badly using some of those detailing pads on a drill. I probably need a paint correction at this point.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,340 ·
Phew! That's some effort. I'm considering just calling one of those mobile detailing guys. The last 2 times I detailed my car it took me the full day, plus a tad of the next day. I'm thinking it may be worth it to get that time back instead. The last time I swirled up the paint pretty badly using some of those detailing pads on a drill. I probably need a paint correction at this point.
It use to take me at least one day with the old school products. But car detailing products have come a long way in the last 1-2 years. Honestly I'd say 80% of the old school products I have I could probably throw away right now. The newer spray on products are easy to use, affordable, sold everywhere and results are as good and in most cases better than the older products.

1321 - 1340 of 1347 Posts