9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1341 - 1347 of 1347 Posts

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
437 Posts
yup. 1 day sounds about right (also old here).
newer products, man there’s some good technology in them. i also need to toss all my old detailing goo.
at this point in my life, i’ll pay a pro to do it, paint corrections anyways. and that’s coming from a semi-retired autobody mechanic.
either way, the reflection in that door @kev604, well done 👌🏻.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,342
I was never really happy with the Sylvania Zxe halogens after I installed them as DRL's a couple of months ago. They just weren't that bright and the colour was sort of a washed out very soft white. Ended up buying some Techmax lights off Amazon. Price was reasonable and quality feels pretty good so going to install them this weekend. One of the weak points of the 9thgen for me are definitely the headlights. Wish Honda put some half decent projectors in there instead of the archaic halogen housings from the 90's.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,343
Switched out my DRL today.

I was concerned about glare but being these LEDs are in the smaller DRL housing not the larger low beam housing the glare is lessened and isn't too bad unless your looking at it straight on for a longer period. Everything was plug and play no harness or anything and no warning on iMid.

The colour output is much brighter which was what I was looking for. Whether that translates to more on road brightness doesn't matter to me as these are DRLs not low beams. The advertised colour of 6500K I'd say holds true looks more bluish in the picture but in real life it is a nice solid white with a hint of blue. As far as the high beams go they were brighter but not a whole lot brighter than what they were already regardless I don't use high beams often so I wasn't too concerned about that part of it.

It is not perfect but overall IMO much better than what I had before so I'll ride with it for now. 😆

Also took the opportunity to swap out my brake light LEDs. Nothing wrong with them but they've been in there for who knows how long. To be honest the new LEDs were not much brighter than the old ones.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I thought LEDs can't be used as DRL or are they just on full bright all the time? I feel like you are going to have some angry drivers if you are high beaming them all the time, even if it's during the day...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
I Need A Vacation
13,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,345
I thought LEDs can't be used as DRL or are they just on full bright all the time? I feel like you are going to have some angry drivers if you are high beaming them all the time, even if it's during the day...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Where I live they a pretty lenient on headlights. The LEDs are pretty bright but not on full brightness if I flick on high beam they get brighter. These newer style LED are suppose to produce less glare at least that's what the advertising says. I stood in front and looked at it, because of the smaller housing and the fact these will be on during daytime lessens the effects of glare also I hardly ever use high beams. I probably wouldn't do it for low beams though.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,346
Removed my red tailight overlays I bought from Grafixpressions years ago I thought it was going to be a pain to remove but was surprised how easily they peeled off with a bit of heat. Going to replace them with light smoke overlays that I already ordered from Grafixpressions. Highly recommend overlays from Grafixpressions good quality and fast shipping.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Removed my red tailight overlays I bought from Grafixpressions years ago I thought it was going to be a pain to remove but was surprised how easily they peeled off with a bit of heat. Going to replace them with light smoke overlays that I already ordered from Grafixpressions. Highly recommend overlays from Grafixpressions good quality and fast shipping.
Yea I love my grafixpressions overlays. Had them on for almost three years now and they still look as good as the first day I got them.

1341 - 1347 of 1347 Posts