9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1361 - 1380 of 1399 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,365 ·
For anybody wondering what the packaging looks like for replica badges I recently replaced my front emblem as it had a rock chip. I probably could of left it in all honesty but this replica cost me only $13 shipped to my door so I didn't hesitate to replace it with a new one. The overall packaging presentation isn't that bad. The badge itself is light weight, has a plastic feel to it and colour is okay but doesn't quite have that pop but for $13 I'm okay with it.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,366 ·
Did a oil and filter change today looks like I'll have to do my brakes soon probably will do them after winter. Need to look into what my best options are for brakes and pads. Looking for OEM+ performance so a little better than OEM performance with decent wear.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,367 ·
With colder wet weather around the corner I changed out to new wiper blades today. Previous wiper blades were Bosch Icons, swapped out to Rain X Weatherbeaters. Went from the hybrid style blades back to the traditional metal frame blades. The Bosch Icons were really good when new but as they got old they were skipping really badly. Wanted to see how these less expensive Rain X compare and hold up over time.
Motor vehicle Bumper Font Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,372 ·
A while back I ended up throwing away those old bristle style snow brushes. They actually don't do that good a job cleaning snow but they can scratch and scuff surfaces. Replaced it the other day with a Garant foam snow brush. Does a better job of actually removing snow and less abrasive on surfaces.
Musical instrument Automotive tire Wood Guitar accessory Road surface
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,373 · (Edited)
Got a new dash cam for Christmas to replace aging old ones.in both mine and my wife's car. It is a re-brand of the poplar VIOFO A119. Install was easy since I re-used the same cable that was already pre-run from my old dash cam. Menu was intuitive and mostly self explanatory. Takes 2K video so overall video quality is definitely a step up from my old dash cam.
Wheel Tire Payment card Gadget Automotive tire
Rectangle Goggles Automotive exterior Automotive design Bumper
Product Rectangle Musical instrument accessory Font Gadget
Gadget Automotive design Font Camera Digital camera
Communication Device Gadget Window Font Multimedia
Automotive lighting Communication Device Bumper Finger Gesture
Sky Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive mirror
Mobile phone Automotive lighting Hood Bumper Communication Device

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,375 ·
One of my favs. Lost my ‘13 FB6 PMM to a side impact two years ago. Miss it every time I walk outside.
That sucks but thanks for the props.👍

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,376 ·
The OEM brakes did me good I have nothing bad to say about them that's probably why I never thought of upgrading my brakes but it is finally time for new pads and rotors. I did inquire with Honda about OEM pads and rotors, price for OEM was on the high side as to be expected I was still okay with the price but me being me I decided to test the waters with some aftermarket pads and rotors. I decided to go with something a little bit nicer than your ebay run of the mill stuff. Anyways brakes should be here in a few days and hopefully on the car soon.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,378 ·
The stock brakes just lasted and lasted and quite frankly are excellent brakes but it is finally time for new brakes. After looking at a few different options I decided to bite the bullet and went with the Stoptech brake kit. Kit comes with slotted and drilled front and rear rotors. The hat and vanes are e-coated while the face of the rotors are cadmium coated. Kit came with Stoptech Street series brake pads and hardware. For a daily driver I think I'll be okay with these pads I don't think I'll need more aggressive pads like Hawk or EBC. Should have these beauties installed tomorrow.😁
Bicycle part Vehicle brake Rim Tool Wood

Bicycle part Rim Circle Nickel Wood

Font Auto part Automotive wheel system Circle Machine

Rim Bicycle part Machine Circle Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Camera accessory Synthetic rubber

Product Font Material property Advertising Automotive wheel system

Packing materials Rectangle Gas Plastic Plastic bag

1361 - 1380 of 1399 Posts