9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1381 - 1399 of 1399 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,381 ·
Update on the Stoptech rotors and pads . Overall I'd say the rotors and pads are pretty well matched and work well together. It is an excellent daily driver setup, pads might be slightly more grabby than stock but brake feel and braking power feels very OEM which honestly isn't a bad thing. These pads and rotors are very quiet like silent quiet, I was surprised how quiet they were but definitely a welcome surprise. Dust levels seems much more manageable than stock too so another good thing. A more aggressive pad will likely be noisier and dust prone.

If your a super aggressive driver or track your car than you'll need more aggressive pads but if your looking for a OEM+ setup for a daily driver I highly recommend these not to mention the rotors look killer behind the wheels.👍

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,383 ·
Update on the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus tires I mounted in October. The strong point of these tires is clearly wet grip and traction. These tires are simply phenomenal in the rain. Dry grip and traction is excellent too. If you need to drive in snow than get a dedicated set of snow tires. I chose these tires because of its prowess in the rain and they haven't disappointed so very happy with them.

Update on the Stoptech brakes and rotors I installed last month. After now fully breaking them in I have to say I really like these brakes. Very very quiet as in pretty much silent. Dust wise I'd say it's a little less dusty than OEM. Stopping power is a little better than OEM while brake feel/modulation is similar to OEM.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,384 ·
Got some new car care stuff. Porter Cable 7424XP DA orbital polisher. And a Toro Powerjet F700 blower for drying the car. I already tried the blower and it is insanely powerful if you don't hold it firmly with two hands it can easily blow right out of your hands lol. I can easily dry the car in a few minutes with this blower.
Font Poster Wood Advertising Publication

Camera lens Camera Camera accessory Gadget Single-lens reflex camera

Tool Wood Rotary tool Drill accessories Bicycle part

·
Registered
2012 civic si
38 Posts
Update on the Stoptech rotors and pads . Overall I'd say the rotors and pads are pretty well matched and work well together. It is an excellent daily driver setup, pads might be slightly more grabby than stock but brake feel and braking power feels very OEM which honestly isn't a bad thing. These pads and rotors are very quiet like silent quiet, I was surprised how quiet they were but definitely a welcome surprise. Dust levels seems much more manageable than stock too so another good thing. A more aggressive pad will likely be noisier and dust prone.

If your a super aggressive driver or track your car than you'll need more aggressive pads but if your looking for a OEM+ setup for a daily driver I highly recommend these not to mention the rotors look killer behind the wheels.👍
Glad to see you are liking those pads, do you ever attend the speedy goat autocross in Mission? im planning to attend a few this year.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,386 ·
Glad to see you are liking those pads, do you ever attend the speedy goat autocross in Mission? im planning to attend a few this year.
I use to go to Mission many years ago when I was in University but haven't been in a long time ever since I had kids.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,387 ·
Packing materials Shipping box Automotive tire Wood Gas

Wood Rectangle Plastic Glass Electric blue

Gearing up this summer. New Lake Country 5inch and 3inch backing plates. Lake Country 5inch and 3inch cutting, polishing and finishing pads and Uro Fiber microfiber finishing pad. Soft99 Glaco windshield coating. And Gyeon smoothie wash mitt.

·
Registered
272 Posts
View attachment 495348
View attachment 495349
Gearing up this summer. New Lake Country 5inch and 3inch backing plates. Lake Country 5inch and 3inch cutting, polishing and finishing pads and Uro Fiber microfiber finishing pad. Soft99 Glaco windshield coating. And Gyeon smoothie wash mitt.
View attachment 495348
View attachment 495349
[/QUOT
View attachment 495348
View attachment 495349
How bad is your paint for the yellow pad?

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,389 ·
How bad is your paint for the yellow pad?
My paint is pretty good I've taken good care of the car I never park under trees, avoid light poles, have covered parking except at work etc. Yellow cutting pad will be used on my wife's car I should be fine with the medium white polishing pad.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,390 ·
Did a full detailing with one step paint correction probably will do a two step next time.

Wash. Decontamination. Clay bar. APA wipedown. Polish. Seal. Wax.

Polisher used was a Porter Cable 7424XP matched with Lake Country foam pads.
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Car

Cloud Wheel Tire Car Sky

Cloud Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,391 ·
Soft99 Glaco windshield coating from the makers of the famous Soft99 Fusso Coat known for their very durable wax/sealants. Very easy to apply to the windows. I was using RainX before but switched to Glaco. Works better than RainX and more durable.
Tin Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tin can Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Soft99 Glaco windshield coating from the makers of the famous Soft99 Fusso Coat known for their very durable wax/sealants. Very easy to apply to the windows. I was using RainX before but switched to Glaco. Works better than RainX and more durable.
View attachment 495482
Kev, if you've never tried Fusso Coat's soft 99, I HIGHLY recommend it if you're looking for longevity and insane water beading. soft 99 has a few Gems

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,393 ·
Kev, if you've never tried Fusso Coat's soft 99, I HIGHLY recommend it if you're looking for longevity and insane water beading. soft 99 has a few Gems
I've heard of the product and how durable it is but never tried it. My only concern is the difficulty to apply and remove the product as I'm getting old and lazy now.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,395 ·
Over due update. I've been using the aFe Prodry high flow air filter for years on my Si.I just pulled it out the other day and washed it, let it dry and reinstalled no need to oil like K&N. Once washed the filter looks like new. I did notice some extra debris in the air filter box so goes without saying it probably doesn't do as good a job at filtering as an OEM paper filter but no issues so far. I think there was mention of possible fitment issues but mine fit perfectly snug. Might switch back to OEM the longer I own the car.
Grille Rectangle Wheel Bumper Automotive exterior
Grille Rectangle Bumper Audio equipment Automotive exterior

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey bro where did you order your gear from?

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,397 ·
Hey bro where did you order your gear from?
I get most of my car detailing stuff from Carzilla now. They only sell the highest quality stuff, prices are reasonable for a Canadian company and shipping is fast. Free shipping over $90 and use code "Radgarage" for extra 5% off. I ordered more stuff last week and some more just today. I need to stay far away from that website lol.

Kwazar 2L Pro+ Super Foamer Pump one of the best foam spray pump on the market.

Detail Guardz Dirt Lock grit guard maybe the best grit guard you can buy.

Carpro DabDab wash mitt. Carpro Glass mitt. Carpro wheels mitt. Some of the best mitts out there.

A few more Lake Country pads. I go through 5-6 pads when polishing my cars.
Product Gas Gadget Machine Font

Helmet Microphone Hat Yellow Headgear

Food Packing materials Orange Ingredient Amber

Liquid Fluid Gesture Plastic bottle Font

·
Registered
96 Posts
I get most of my car detailing stuff from Carzilla now. They only sell the highest quality stuff, prices are reasonable for a Canadian company and shipping is fast. Free shipping over $90 and use code "Radgarage" for extra 5% off. I ordered more stuff last week and some more just today. I need to stay far away from that website lol.
Thanks for the referral, that site is dangerous I ended up dropping alot of coin on my first order plus I follow Pan the organizer on YT and realized all his canadian links go to Carzilla.

1381 - 1399 of 1399 Posts