9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Honda Civic LX. Bought from the dealership with two keys. I used one key for almost 60,000 miles. This is about when the batteries in our keys normally die. Key suddenly stopped locking the doors. Car would still register the fact that I pressed the button. Lights would flash. But wouldn't lock. It WOULD still unlock the door. The physical key itself still worked. Checked with the other key. Other key has no problems at all. Figured it was the battery. Replaced the battery. Still no go. I checked the new battery with a multimeter, and it's good. It's not like the car doesn't register the first key's being used at all. It just won't lock the vehicle. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It is most likely the button assembly inside the fob. The other key is fine should mean everything on car side is good. I have replaced that part on my Honda key because I wore out the unlock button. I could be 100 feet from car and lock easily. I would be standing beside door and it wouldn’t unlock. They replace that part in key and reprogram it to car. I did both key electronics at same time as both had issues and the reprogramming fee was the same for 1 or 2 keys. Electronic part was 35 programming 60.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts