9th Gen Civic Forum banner

201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
They'll 'work.' They may not last as long as a shock set up for 1.5 and 1.8, but they'll work.
Koni's listing that Sports work with springs lowered only a certain amount is across every car application...every make. It's a VERY broad statement. Truth is, the Koni Sports are about 1/4" shorter than the stock 9th gen shocks (because the Konis are the length of stock 8thgen shocks).... and that means you can at least take that Koni statement and add 1/4". And it's still a crazy broad statement.... My general sense of it is that they work fine up to a 2" drop. The Truharts are 5/8" shorter than the Konis; so they are even better for really lowered cars, but the koni Sport is a far better shock...the Truharts are good for the street, but the Konis are good for the street and with the turn of the knob, for the track/autocross.

Hope that helps. :)
Cheers,
Chris

·
Banned
601 Posts

·
Banned
601 Posts

·
Banned
601 Posts

·
Banned
601 Posts
I'm sure that if you wanted to spend the money, you could send front strut housings to Koni Racing and have them built with "wet" kits.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just got this reply from Koni USA. Hopefully soon enough.

"There will most certainly be 14+ Civic application, though with R&D taking place in KONI Holland I am currently unaware of any current lead time as to when we could expect that application to become available."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got this email on 8/4:
"Thank you for your interest in Koni shocks. Unfortunately nothing is currently in development for the 14-15 Civic Si at Koni (Holland). This does not mean they will not be designed, but that we don't know when we expect those parts to be available."

Anyone just change the rears to Koni Yellows? Does it soften up the whole car from the sharp bumps getting to your butt?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Contact Redshift Motorsports if you are truly interested. They are working on solutions for the 14+ Si and they are also working with Motion Control Suspension for an application as well.

201 - 220 of 241 Posts