9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the info! This kit looks awesome. How hard was the install? Any problems? Is it too early to tell the difference in gas mileage?

·
Registered
203 Posts
good stuff. I feel that's where the battery should have been placed from the factory. the cables look a bit awkward, but if one were to extend / route them correctly I would give this install two thumbs up :)

also not in love with the MAF on the intake instead of the charge pipe ...

but nice numbers, looks fun :) should be solid, reliable power

·
Registered
52 Posts
The install wasn't too bad. There were a few problems though.

It is supposed to have plug and play clips for the fuel injectors. They don't fit at all. When I called Kraftwerks they didn't believe me and said we were installing them wrong. So I had my tech send pictures to them.and call himself. At that point they changed their minds and said they don't even make plug and play clips for this application. So we had to hard wire them in.

The oil cooler also didn't fit. The mounting bracket didn't work right and didn't match the directions at all. Not too big of a deal though.

Last one is pretty major though. The belt they sent was cut to size. The Gates part number on the belt is for a 8 rib belt but they cut the belt down to a 6 rib to fit this application. It was a sloppy cut too. I didn't even get my car backed all the way out of the garage before the belt shredded.

I've talked to a couple other people that have had some of the same problems. And I had the luck of working at Honda and having a Honda mechanic install it with me.

Importdps has been pretty worthless with trying to help, especially considering I just paid the $4300 for this kit. Almost no contact and an immediate refusal for any kind of compensation.

All that said the car is a beast now. I'm getting a CEL for running too rich but Im about to get it vit tuned. I'm also high altitude in Denver.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
52 Posts
PS. The bypass valve sounds sick. The whole car sounds more like a Turbo setup!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info! This kit looks awesome. How hard was the install? Any problems? Is it too early to tell the difference in gas mileage?
Its about a day to install and easier than a turbo kit since it doesn't need to drop the pan. You do have to double check the belt alignment before you run it hard. Gas mileage actually improved coz it takes less effort to overcome hills and load. Remember it only eats gas when you are under boost and full throttle.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good stuff. I feel that's where the battery should have been placed from the factory. the cables look a bit awkward, but if one were to extend / route them correctly I would give this install two thumbs up :)

also not in love with the MAF on the intake instead of the charge pipe ...

but nice numbers, looks fun :) should be solid, reliable power
that's the feed backer gave them and they are going to do something about thre wiring n grounding brackets. Also the MAF is only being used for the AIT sensor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Its about a day to install and easier than a turbo kit since it doesn't need to drop the pan. You do have to double check the belt alignment before you run it hard. Gas mileage actually improved coz it takes less effort to overcome hills and load. Remember it only eats gas when you are under boost and full throttle.
Nice! I can't wait.

How does it feel driving it? Does if FEEL fast?

Lastly, how well can you make use of all that power from a dead stop? I'm afraid that without new wheels/thicker tires, I'm gonna get a lot more spin than go.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice! I can't wait.

How does it feel driving it? Does if FEEL fast?

Lastly, how well can you make use of all that power from a dead stop? I'm afraid that without new wheels/thicker tires, I'm gonna get a lot more spin than go.

Thanks for the info!
It Definitely feels fast, I like driving it on the freeway on 5th gear doing 75 then I punch it and in seconds im at 100+ still on 5th gear.

As far as power from a dead stop I have not yet gone to the drag strip here to check out the 1/4 mile time and speed but I'm sure the time will be impressive. As far as daily driving, it's no to bad at the red lights to take off at a normal speed but first gear is very delicate. I personally have been having some trouble learning to operate the new clutch the guys at Makspeed installed for me but that only because going from a stock clutch to a stage 4 rigid ceramic clutch is a huge difference.

But I am so loving my car!

Reactions: makspeed

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow holly f sxxt, this is a beast and I really want it.

The result is impressive, keep us update on your 1/4 mile result. Thanks for sharing man, I am jealous.

Reactions: ccthang

·
Registered
18 Posts
I personally have been having some trouble learning to operate the new clutch the guys at Makspeed installed for me but that only because going from a stock clutch to a stage 4 rigid ceramic clutch is a huge difference.
I have never been a huge fan of the stock clutch. What does the new one feel like compared to the stock one?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have never been a huge fan of the stock clutch. What does the new one feel like compared to the stock one?
It catches on really quickly when you switch gears. On first gear if you don't Rev enough it will lurch forward, on the other gears it just grabs the gear you are switching to very strongly. After some practice you can time your gear shifts properly and you will not be jumping around as much. It's been fun playing around with it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
The stock clutch in these cars is exceptional. it can easily handle around 50% more torque than the car actually produces no problem.

·
Registered
878 Posts
maybe on the 8th gen's they were great. the 9th gen clutches are junk. 4 psi on our turbo kit and it slipped.
But I think that's comes from how turbos make all of it's power so fast (full spool and full torque within 500-1k rpms) it just can't handle that kinda torque so quickly now on a supercharger it a slow build.

But I think the clutch in the 8th and 9th is same I thought.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry for stating what is probably an well-known issue but are the folks that are supercharging and turbocharging removing the clutch delay valve? I still have the CDV on my stock Si and the slippage on a 1-2 shift is very noticeable. I expect that with more torque, the modified cars have slippage in the upper gear changes. Again, apologies for repeating something you probably take for granted.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts