9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1490 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: KraftWerks 2012 Civic Si Supercharger Kits will be released this month! Pre-orders will be opening up very soon. You can order direct from KraftWerks, or from a local authorized KraftWerks dealer.

The KraftWerks 2012 Civic Si Supercharger System produces impressive results throughout the entire powerband—unlike any forced induction system you’ve experienced. Rotrex’s patented traction drive technology means that power’s always available. Like all KraftWerks Supercharger kits, Civic Si systems include all necessary brackets, electronics, and hardware for a true bolt-on installation.

FEATURES:
• 330 hp / 220 lb-ft Torque When Paired With Skunk2 Header and Exhaust
• Rotrex C30-94 Supercharger
• 1,000cc High Impedance Fuel Injectors with Plug-and-Play Connectors
• 120mm Pulley (10.8 psi)
• High-Flow Intake Manifold
• Front Mount Intercooler (23 x 7 x 3 Inch)
• Aluminum Intercooler Piping
• Rotrex Oil Cooler
• Retain Factory A/C and Accessories
• CNC-Machined Brackets
• Fasteners and Hardware
• Recirculating Bypass Valve

f-943-6fdcceac5715c58eb0f2ff9323b2e5242331b865.jpg f-943-397d4a1603a01a0564ce2d858315b9f58a426ef8.jpg f-943-599367aebf0a820862828f416cbc4b3da780807d.jpg f-943-ad039c540523fd5264089ff3fb5930003375dd9e.jpg f-943-c78f9218f09f48c4c205635eae52fda8533e0c1e.jpg

Here is a pic of a comment on the YouTube video showcasing the Kit for the 8thgen Si
Kraftwerks SC.jpg

Whatever you find, post here for all to see.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
what made you decide on SC?
Because its more practical for a Daily Driver. I've owned a EK hatch with a b20vtec turbo and had EG hatch with b18c turbo. Turbos are a lot of fun but I've drove my friends GSR with the Jackson's racing SC and its a lot smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
didnt know there was a thread about this already, but I got this video off of their website. though it was cool. it says new vehicle applications coming mid 2012 and it shows a 9th Si. But its not here yet :(

·
Registered
901 Posts
I had 2 choices back in june... Purchase the Si or a High Boost KW Kit for the Fit..! I now drive the Si and miss my Fit a 'lil bit!

Marko!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Shouldn't take KraftWerks long on this kit...my guess is all they really need to modify is the Intake Manifold...the rest is probably the same as the 8th gen.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
228 Posts
What do you guys think about the Super charger hooking up to the AC spot on the engine though? If I read correctly, the Kraftwerks website says you have to delete the Air Conditioner compressor to mount up the SC. This seems like a problem to me but what do you guys think?

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
What do you guys think about the Super charger hooking up to the AC spot on the engine though? If I read correctly, the Kraftwerks website says you have to delete the Air Conditioner compressor to mount up the SC. This seems like a problem to me but what do you guys think?
There is no info on a kit for the 2012 up yet. The 8th gen kit retained AC...

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
From KraftWerks website - C30-94 S/C .. "The K-Series Race kit fits all K-Series engine blocks." all K series have same belt set-up, this isnt going to work on K24Z7 2012 Civic Si ?

http://www.shop.kraftwerksusa.com/Honda-K-Series-Race-Supercharger-Kit-C30-94-888-116.htm
I don't know if it would fit, but even if it did you would need to have the piping fabbed. That kit is the hard core/generic version like it says in the description. The kit they have for 06-11 si is more like the kit we want.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know if it, but even if it did you would need to have the piping fabbed. That kit is the hard core/generic version like it says in the description. The kit they have for 06-11 si is more like the kit we want.
Yeah, im willing to bet someone could buy the 8thgen kit and with some small modifications, it would probably fit ours...

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
Yeah, im willing to bet someone could buy the 8thgen kit and with some small modifications, it would probably fit ours...
yeah there is a much higher chance of being to figure out how to jam an 8th kit on to our vehicles... but they say they're doing a 9th gen kit so I'll wait for it.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah there is a much higher chance of being to figure out how to jam an 8th kit on to our vehicles... but they say they're doing a 9th gen kit so I'll wait for it.
same....hopefully they don't need much time since there shouldn't be many changes to their existing 8thgen kit

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I sent an email to skunk2/Kraftwerks about this. They say the 2006-2011 Si kit won't work because of hood clearance and obviously charge pipes. They say the hood on our 9th gen will hit the super charger not allowing it to close. But they do have a kit close to development the rep said. So I guess more sitting tight and finger nail biting. :sly:

Sent from my XT907 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 1490 Posts