9th Gen Civic Forum banner

481 - 500 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Alberta where it can get pretty cold in winter, as low as -40ºC. I was told that the seals won't hold up after time. Anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just some heads up to those who own ksports... I've had these coilovers on my car for at least 2 years (after 2014 it'll be 2) and I've left the dampering knobs in them just for practicality and I have not been able to turn these dampering knobs anymore lOl. They have tend to seize up. contacted ksports, they told me "spray pb blaster or wd-40" which did not fix it at all. To me it's not a biggy, but just a heads up. Also had my rear strut seize up on me and no longer been able to adjust strut height, luckily, i adjusted it at the perfect height for me to be slammed, but if i want to raise my rear, the rear will ride stiffer cause of shorter strut travel. Ksports said "pb blaster and wd-40" too. Nope. Didn't work. Need to some how POWER TWIST it out of seizing.

Anyways, here's how my cars sitting currently.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anyone have any complaints OR pros for the Kontrol Pro models on the 14'+ Si? I'm looking to buy coilovers, but I want to be sure of which brands are good and which are not.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just some heads up to those who own ksports... I've had these coilovers on my car for at least 2 years (after 2014 it'll be 2) and I've left the dampering knobs in them just for practicality and I have not been able to turn these dampering knobs anymore lOl. They have tend to seize up. contacted ksports, they told me "spray pb blaster or wd-40" which did not fix it at all. To me it's not a biggy, but just a heads up. Also had my rear strut seize up on me and no longer been able to adjust strut height, luckily, i adjusted it at the perfect height for me to be slammed, but if i want to raise my rear, the rear will ride stiffer cause of shorter strut travel. Ksports said "pb blaster and wd-40" too. Nope. Didn't work. Need to some how POWER TWIST it out of seizing.

Anyways, here's how my cars sitting currently.
Same happened to me in the fronts with the knobs. ......lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a set of the control pro coilovers from my 2012 si. Would they fit on the 2015 si? Just curious.
They will not fit because in 2014, the SI's suspensions changed. You will need the 2014+ ones.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks @242life and @derekfriedrice for your inputs. The more I look around for coilovers the more I'm leaning towards the k-sports haha. I'm gonna wait until April. Since I'm in Jersey, anyone know reliable/great/fair priced shops that will install coilovers?

·
Registered
188 Posts
i just installed the k sport pro coilovers on my friends 13 si yesterday. it rode really nice for how low he wanted it, and the install was pretty simple.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thats why you put lithium grease before install. its stainless steel. Stainless steel on stainless still will lock up on each other
Antisieze lubricant is actually better for this application.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i just installed mine yesterday on my 14 civic si.. is it normal to here a very little clunking noise in the front? or is it part of the breakin period or the coil? it doesnt really bother me at all and i doesnt happen all the time.. and does anybody put camber on the rear? coz i notice that my rear wheels are kinda leaning towards negative.. is it bad? am i required for camber? im kinda new at this stuffs so. sorry i have too much questions

·
Registered
290 Posts
When I installed my Tein coilovers, I got the clunking noise from time to time. Went away on its own. The springs were seated correctly and everything. Same thing happened with my buddy on the d2, and another buddy on BC's.

A little camber is good, no need to worry about that. The main thing is to zero out toe. That is what kills your tires.

·
Registered
58 Posts
When I installed my Tein coilovers, I got the clunking noise from time to time. Went away on its own. The springs were seated correctly and everything. Same thing happened with my buddy on the d2, and another buddy on BC's.

A little camber is good, no need to worry about that. The main thing is to zero out toe. That is what kills your tires.
i have the copy of the report of the alignment.. but i dont understand it at all.. ill upload it then can you tell me if its good or bad? image.jpg

481 - 500 of 513 Posts