9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally was able to tune last Friday night and ended up with 200whp/176tq.

Not bad for stock downpipe and catback.

All mods listed in signature.

Edit: Red line on first dyno picture is the base map that comes preloaded on the KTuner platform.

IMG_3769.jpg IMG_3777.jpg IMG_3778.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tuning was done by Fred aka Derf Tuned. In my opinion he’s one of the top tuners in the country.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Tuning was done by Fred aka Derf Tuned. In my opinion he’s one of the top tuners in the country.
Nice, but what are you basing your opinion on? I don't ask to try and smear his or your name. I would just like to know what places him higher than say someone from Iowa or Detroit? I'm always interested to learn about different tuners and the experience people have with them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My opinion is based off the research I’ve done and who was the best available locally. If you check out his Facebook page you can see he’s tuned tons of different cars in the US and other countries as well as having won awards for his tuning. I may be biased since he’s local, but his import tuning is highly regarded in Florida.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So I am thinking of doing this to my 12 tw si sedan. I just need to get rid of this freaking rev hang. I don't want anything else. Just the damn rev hang gone. Can you confirm if this helped? I have a ton of Amazon gift cards so I'm waiting to get it after the holidays.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So I am thinking of doing this to my 12 tw si sedan. I just need to get rid of this freaking rev hang. I don't want anything else. Just the damn rev hang gone. Can you confirm if this helped? I have a ton of Amazon gift cards so I'm waiting to get it after the holidays.
I never notice the rev hang on my car. Our Civic Si has a heavy flywheel and that can contribute to the rpm hanging a bit before dropping.

My car is tuned using KTuner, if that helps.

·
Registered
756 Posts
If your cars tuned then the rev hang has been eliminated. The rev hang issue has to do with the stock factory tune on these cars. Ive got a stock clutch and flywheel and as soon as i got my flashpro and did the basic reflash the rev hang was gone

·
Registered
87 Posts
If your cars tuned then the rev hang has been eliminated. The rev hang issue has to do with the stock factory tune on these cars. Ive got a stock clutch and flywheel and as soon as i got my flashpro and did the basic reflash the rev hang was gone
I owned a 1990 Miata and that car has a very light flywheel. When you disengage the clutch on the Miata, the RPM immediately drops.

On my Civic Si, the RPM has a tendency to hang around a bit and slowly drop because of the heavier flywheel.

If CoCpPanda is looking for the RPM to drop immediately, a Ktuner or Hondata won't be able to help.

·
Registered
249 Posts
What did you change? The downpipe? Nice numbers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts