9th Gen Civic Forum banner
321 - 340 of 344 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Speed density tune is done on my SI Ill post a virtual dyno of the finished tune.
Curious here, whats needed for a speed density tune and why is different/better/worse than a MAF based tune.

· I know who U R.
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
Curious here, whats needed for a speed density tune and why is different/better/worse than a MAF based tune.
You need the KTuner and a SI for SD etune.Vit prefers SD over MAF and he's the guy to have to tune your car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
520 Posts
But what else is needed? Any additional hardware? MAP sensor?

· I know who U R.
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·

· Registered
520 Posts
Hmmmm can more power be produced through speed density tuning vs. MAF tuning?

· I know who U R.
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·

· Registered
1,163 Posts
Hmmmm can more power be produced through speed density tuning vs. MAF tuning?
I thought SD tune is for boost. Maybe we are talking about MAF vs AFM tune?
SD will provide a smoother running car on a modified vehicle where intake resonance is a big deal.

Boost... one word: FlashPro. In fact if you have an Si, you should be buying a FlashPro.

· I know who U R.
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 · (Edited)

· I know who U R.
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 · (Edited)
Just started tuning with vit. I had a problem connecting to the ecu but after a call with ktuner they quickly updated their software. I really appreciate their customer service
Yea JRs very Kool.I was the 1st KTuner tuned R18.Then the 1st speed density tuned K24.

· Registered
520 Posts
I now own Ktuner for my 2013 SI, i am running off there PCD + exhaust map right now and the car feels a lot peppier. The throttle mapping is pretty sharp, typically i will have the gas pedal down 25-30% during cruising and I will be at 72-73 mph. After the reflash @ 25-30% throttle I am now cruising at nearly 80mph. I only have to push the pedal down about 60% to get near full throttle response and 100 mph comes way quicker then before lol. Can't wait to start some real tuning.

· Registered
520 Posts
Yea JRs very Kool.I was the 1st KTuner tuned R18.Then the 1st speed density tuned K24.

I will be the second SI on the forum to be tuned using Ktuner I believe this is very exciting. I was recommended by JR to reach out to Kenny @ Turbo Gixxer Tuning, just purchased there E-tune package today, I will stay posted with updates.

321 - 340 of 344 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.