9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Laguna Seca photos and video 2015 Si Sedan

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  brutemaniac 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I finished my first time at the track and it was a blast. The car performed well above my expectations and was very predictive. I must say the Progress bar makes all the difference in the world keeping the body roll to a minimum(only medium setting). The Federal RS-RR tires gripped really well and only got greasy when I pushed it to the absolute limits. Thanks chambers805 for the tire recommendation! Can't beat these tires for $100 a piece.

I'm putting in a set of StopTech slotted rotors as the stockers were warped. There was no fade with stock brake system with Dot 4 ATE fluid and Hawk Street race. I'm going to Sonoma Raceway Oct 7 if anyone wants to join. Here are some pictures and a video.

The Golf-R I was behind looses it at 3:05 into the dirt. That Golf-R has a lot of power but had all seasons. Owner said he had FBO with tune pushing over 300whp.

Vehicle Car Honda Mid-size car Honda civic
Vehicle Car Transport Honda Asphalt
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Touring car racing Mid-size car
Vehicle Car Mid-size car Asphalt Advertising
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Touring car racing Honda
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Race track Automotive design
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Synthetic rubber
Auto part Tire Metal Automotive wheel system Wheel

See less See more
1 8
#2 ·
Great to see these cars being used as some of the engineers at Honda intended. Awesome video. Looks like you had a blast. As to the Golf as you have seen power isn't the end all. I was on track a few weeks ago with a friend in his 400+ hp Subaru and my stock motor SI could get away from him.

#5 ·
The great thing about our fwd car is it's fwd. Even though some of these cars should have been way faster than the Si, I had a lot of confidence coming out of corners. I think you would agree coming out of corners at full throttle with full confidence really helps with lap times.

#3 ·
This was a really cool video! one of my favorite tracks, keep up the awesome vids! I love that software that gives you all that info.

#6 ·
My setup was Race Chrono Pro(~$18), cheap obd2 bluetooth sensor(~$15), and GoPro. I also bought a headrest mount for $20 bucks to mount the GoPro. The great thing about the app is it connects via WiFi to the GoPro's hotspot and acts as a remote to start recording on the GoPro.

#4 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I finished my first time at the track and it was a blast. The car performed well above my expectations and was very predictive. I must say the Progress bar makes all the difference in the world keeping the body roll to a minimum(only medium setting). The Federal RS-RR tires gripped really well and only got greasy when I pushed it to the absolute limits. Thanks chambers805 for the tire recommendation! Can't beat these tires for $100 a piece.

I'm putting in a set of StopTech slotted rotors as the stockers were warped. There was no fade with stock brake system with Dot 4 ATE fluid and Hawk Street race. I'm going to Sonoma Raceway Oct 7 if anyone wants to join. Here are some pictures and a video.

The Golf-R I was behind looses it at 3:05 into the dirt. That Golf-R has a lot of power but had all seasons. Owner said he had FBO with tune pushing over 300whp.

View attachment 455242 View attachment 455274 View attachment 455250 View attachment 455258 View attachment 455266 View attachment 455282 View attachment 455234 View attachment 455290

Good shit man! Glad you liked the tires! Track looked awesome too, last time I went it was poring rain. Funny I warped my rotors first time I wen't as well, were you able to break them in before the event?

I unfortunately couldn't make it as I was pulled over by the police and cited for quite a bit the weekend before the event. I got it all fixed and checked off by the police but couldn't get my set of tires and alignment done in time for this event. :( definitely next time. it looked so fun :crybaby:

and that sway bar is the shit isn't it! you should've put it on Hard it becomes extremely sharp and wants to rotation immediately, but the medium really gives you a quick responsive predictability feel.

#7 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear about the citations. Was it because of the bolt ons?

I'm debating putting the Progress on hard because I find my novice self trail braking when I shouldn't. I question if the medium setting and sticky tires helped keep me from spinning. :spinning:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.