9th Gen Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just letting you all know (as IF you don't know most of this already!!!) that I just got off the phone with North American Honda, Torrance about my Rev Hang that I've been "formally" complaining about - IN WRITING - since June - even have a "case number" wow!!! The "Chris" that I talked to gave me the same old "Honda Line" - that the programming of the Drive By Wire Throttle is programmed with Rev Hang to "promote smoother shifting between gears"......when I asked him just HOW OVER-revving between gears promotes smoother shifting, he repeated the exact same words to me as if he was a "robot" !!! When I told him that I DID, in fact, get an ECU Update from my Dealer that lessened the Rev Hang - he continued with his exact same "quote" - I pressed him further and he said that he currently OWNS a 2009 Si and it has the "exact same issues" and "that's the way they all are"..............so.....when you guys hear this same explanation from your Dealers on your Rev Hang complaints you should not be surprised..........that is THE Honda "Corporate Response" to this Issue. Now I've even read on here that one of us who sent their ECU off to Hondata for the "Reflash" Program notes that even THAT does not "completely cure" the Rev Hang............one more thing - this Chris said to me that the "exact same DBW Throttle is used with the exact same Engine/Trans in the TSX and ILX" - and they act "the exact same way"................welcome to Our Brave New World.................I give up....guess I'll just "live" with it and suffer thru premature clutch wear and clutch replacement.........IMHO my car is otherwise a great car.............

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
This is dissappointing,I was hoping the dealer could help it,now hearing reflash doesnt work really pisses me off.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
I have a question..and not to be a smartass, but didn't everyone test drive your civic before you purchased it? Had revhang then....has revhang now. I don't see how you guys can put up an argument on a condition that was clearly present at the time of purcahse. I hate the revhang also, but that's just how it is.

i didnt test drive..i ordered... course i dotn really pay no attention to rev hang anymore anyways...doesnt really bother me..i love my car

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think at this point I have gotten used to the hang. Clutch in, shift gear, wait a bit, clutch out with some gas. I really only notice it when I am driving slow any more. Full out driving, I don't notice it at all.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just because you have test driven it doesn't mean that you would automatically notice it. Once you've owned the car and driven it for a couple months, you start to notice smaller details about the car.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
well then clutch wear isn't our fault! And should be replaced under warranty :D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I think at this point I have gotten used to the hang. Clutch in, shift gear, wait a bit, clutch out with some gas. I really only notice it when I am driving slow any more. Full out driving, I don't notice it at all.
Same here, I only notice it when driving slow and normally. When I really step on it I don't notice it all.

Reactions: Digger

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
The AP2 S2000 is "wireless" as well and i dont hear them complaining abiut rev hang
ya!! They are just too stuck up to say they were wrong!

·
Registered
143 Posts
No one. Honda wouldn't replace a clutch due to rev hang... They would say it is driver error and a wear item not covered under warranty.
Idk about that I talked to my dealer on it and 160, 000km warranty on powertrain includes mt and at clutches. Also if you properly drive stick the clutch is suppose to last the life of the vehicle. So in all reality in my opinion it would be replaced by warranty you may just have to fight for it

sent from my galaxy s3

proud owner of 2012 si sedan w nav, crystal black pearl built in Alliston.

·
Premium Member
8,336 Posts
I bought my SI without even seeing one in person or test driving one, but rev hang or not I would have bought it no matter what, because I had been wanting one for about 10 years:)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.