9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a question regarding the touch screen that I don't know if it will be normal or not, but I don't believe it is... If it is, it's pretty bad.

Car is an 2017 European Tourer but I think this system is common to more models.

At the time I took the test drive before I bought it, I had noticed something but as the weather was kind of cloudy it seemed to be something light and I even thought it was some setting.

I bought the car and I believe more and more that it is not normal. With the sun shining hitting on the screen, you can see a lot of artifacts. Even today I was using the navigation system and couldn't even almost nothing when the sun was hitting it. The issue isn't the lack of brighness, but because all I could see were these artifacts. And the sun wasn't even strong. At night the problem is not so apparent but during sunny days it becomes almost unusable.

I leave here some photos that I took tonight when the issue isn't as much aparent but I took the photos with flash and what I'm talking about are those vertical and horizontal lines that you can see. You can practically only see this on a sunny day, and I don't believe it's normal... I'm still going to take some pictures with the sun hitting, but these give you an idea.

Can someone with an identical system confirm me if they have this "problem"?
Personal computer Computer Font Gadget Display device
Gadget Communication Device Font Display device Computer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took a picture right now, during the day, at shadow, even with the car turned off and it's very clear what I'm talking about. I suppose in direct sunlight this part (which maybe is part of the (resistive?) panel) isn't affected (or it's even worsen) but the image fades and that's why is so evident and "overlaps" the image which makes things even worse. One thing is to have a glare in the image, other is to have a glare and this "overlaped".

I don't get if this is really "normal" how they could release a product like this.

Product Automotive design Car Gadget Personal luxury car

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply.

Meanwhile, I found other users with the same "issue", so it seems "normal". It shouldn't be but it seems it's an old tech or something.

With the screen on with low light it's almost invisible but with strong sunlight it's visible. But I need to take more tests because I'm not sure if at the time it was in night/day/auto mode. Maybe it was in night mode or something. I only found that option later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts