9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Whats up guys/gals ive been looking everywhere for a led glow interior light how to. I know AlienPrime has a tutorial but with mine i didnt use an add a circut thing. So this is what i did.
1) strip the power and ground leads on your led glow kit because its not stripped enough
2) find the acc fuse and take it out and put the power around the fuse and put it back in
3) find a ground, i used my car seat bolt and it worked, i just had to scrape a little paint off of the screw thread.
4) check if it works, if it doesn't you did something wrong

IMG_20120921_134257.jpg IMG_20120921_144805.jpg IMG_20120921_144825.jpg IMG_20120921_144835.jpg IMG_20120921_144749.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeDFQoXlm_U

^ install videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeDFQoXlm_U

·
Registered
573 Posts
Did I miss something? Are these things coming back into style? I had the same thing (florescent though) on my '99 Durango. Do you have any pics of how they look installed/on/complete?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can i ask if you have run anything to the outside of your car? i bought an exterior kit and cant find where i should go through the fire wall at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Photoshop Masta
2,814 Posts
Looks good! I have the same kit, except I used an add-a-circuit, clean install without a single wire or LED in sight :eusa_dance: My control box is well hidden as well. More than happy!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Now if you want to sync your LEDGLOW floorlight with your dome light. you can follow my DIY thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got one of these kits and I would like it to turn on with the dome lights but then stay on when I turn on the car. I think I have a pretty good idea how to do it using a relay. Has anyone done this or thing they could help me out a bit with the finer points? I figure if I figure it out I'd write up a DIY.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I'm going to post my led project when it's complete, it's going to be a month long ordeal, but it will be sweet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Photoshop Masta
2,814 Posts
What does the "add a circuit" thing do?
Makes it cleaner?
Sorry for the late reply!!

Yeah, it's a cleaner way to tap into your fuse box for power.
All you gotta do is connect the 'power wire' from the LED Glow kit to the add-a-circuit and plug it into your fuse box, that's it...and ground the LED Glow Kit of course.

·
Photoshop Masta
2,814 Posts
I got one of these kits and I would like it to turn on with the dome lights but then stay on when I turn on the car. I think I have a pretty good idea how to do it using a relay. Has anyone done this or thing they could help me out a bit with the finer points? I figure if I figure it out I'd write up a DIY.
Look at the top post (#11) from GuyverCivic, says he has a DIY for that already.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts