9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, So I bought this led lights that comes in 6 for the map, dome, trunk and license plate from amazon. I only need 5 for my FG4. It was working just fine when I installed the map light first. But then when I installed the trunk light. Everything stopped working. I try opening the door to test it out but the map light didn't work. It supposed to turn on like how I set it, and then dim right after I closed the doors. It only emits a very very low light when I try to manually turn it on by pressing it. It all started when I started the car. I didn't even bother to replace the bulb of the dome light since everything stopped working but even with the old bulb, it doesn't work at all. It is only the license plate light that works and I'm not really sure for how long. What should I do? Should I replace the led lights? Coz I tried to put back the old bulbs and they don't work anymore.

image.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check your fuses and see if anything has blown. There also should be a control module for the interior lighting. If the LED's are sub par you might have fried the module...this happened in my old xB and I could never get the interior lighting working correctly again. I installed LED's in my FB6 but they were top of the line Phillips, like $7 per bulb and everything works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Basic troubleshooting:
As noted by dane, did you check the fuse?

If you disconnect the trunk light does everything work again?

Is the polarity of the trunk bulb correct?

If you put all the original bulbs in does everything work?

Plugging in a LED opposite to its polarity should not kill anything but stranger things have happened.

Reactions: dane
1 - 4 of 4 Posts