9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some post from back in 2013 about ebay led taillights. I Was wondering what is the brightest tailight to install on a 2012 civic sedan.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
682 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats funny. Well i didnt have a choice i bought this car new in 12 Now just gettingnto around modding it and such.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There aren't any aftermarket tail lights for the 12 sedan, 12-13 coupe or 14-15 coupe. Only the 13-15 sedan has them. You can swap your halogen bulbs with LED bulbs but thats about it
Unless there's a headlight reflector assembly that's designed to work specifically with LEDs, he'd be better off either leaving them alone with the OEM bulbs or else replace them with higher-output halogens. "Direct replacement" LED headlights in OEM reflector housings won't do what the owner expects them to do... in many cases, the lighting pattern and down-the-road visibility just won't be the same as with OEM bulbs.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Unless there's a headlight reflector assembly that's designed to work specifically with LEDs, he'd be better off either leaving them alone with the OEM bulbs or else replace them with higher-output halogens. "Direct replacement" LED headlights in OEM reflector housings won't do what the owner expects them to do... in many cases, the lighting pattern and down-the-road visibility just won't be the same as with OEM bulbs.
I know but theres people that dont care even though the will look dimmer than halogens because they can say they have led tail lights.....i have a few friends from experience wgo sometimes i want to hit with a shovel. Only thing i changed was my reverse lights and those are bright as hell which helps in my dark parking lot when backing into a spot lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know but theres people that dont care even though the will look dimmer than halogens because they can say they have led tail lights.....i have a few friends from experience wgo sometimes i want to hit with a shovel. Only thing i changed was my reverse lights and those are bright as hell which helps in my dark parking lot when backing into a spot lol
I did the backup light LED changeover and will most probably do the same for the front and back turnsignals (I do a lot of night driving) but until there's an aftermarket LED headlight reflector that fits a '14 Civic, I'll stick with my Sylvania Ultra Brights (6000˚K).

·
Registered
36 Posts
There aren't any aftermarket tail lights for the 12 sedan, 12-13 coupe or 14-15 coupe. Only the 13-15 sedan has them. You can swap your halogen bulbs with LED bulbs but thats about it
Hiya everyone, Figure Id post in here. Found some LED Tailights on ANZO USA. Sadly because of my low post count I'm not able to post a link to it. They have them for 2012 Sedan for $280 bucks. They have a Black housing with LED lights and clear housing. They look pretty cool, a bit better than the stock in my opinion. I have some on order myself and will make sure to post when I have em installed!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well i stand corrected then. The red/clear ones look pretty good pretty much almost oem which i like
Its no worries, wasn't trying to cause a fuss. Figured us Civic guys/gals stick together lol. But yea, those Taillights do look pretty nice. I have the darker Grey (Polished Metal Metallic) so I think it will have the right look im going for.

And if not, spray tint is a thing XD lol

·
Registered
433 Posts
20190216_204345.jpg
I'm selling my car so I'm selling mine for $115 shipped.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What brand led are yours? Tjey look great. But i have a 12. I dont think they will work on my car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got them off of Amazon, search up the specs and they should come up. I did buy the last ones in stock so idk if that will be an issue when restocking them or anything. The brand was called EagleEyes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts