9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done this ??

thinking about trying out blue, but im noob when i comes to this stuff.
2 Blue 14 SMD LED Arrow Panels for Car Side Mirror Turn Signal Indicator Light | eBay

They make it sound so easy.
"1)Remove the base of the side mirror
2)Place the LED arrow inside the back of the mirror
3)Connect and tape the wires to the turn signal light.
**The arrow will light up when the turn signal is in operation, or else it will remain invisible**"

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
that seems pretty cool. do it and let us know how it goes :D you'll be the first one here i think.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I saw that today on Ebay also. I haven't tried it yet but from what I remember when replacing a mirror on my previous car, the actual mirror is attached to a base in the housing. The instructions says that you have to place the LED module behind the mirror but I would be afraid of ripping my mirror out of the housing. Maybe it's a snapping assembly that is detachable? However, the backside of the mirror should be a plastic piece so how could the LED shine through it? In theory the mirror would have to be like a two-way mirror of some sort. Can anyone give some clarity on this detail?

Another thing to consider is that you have to take off the door panel to route the power wire to the area near the fuse box so that the turn signals can activate that LED module. It just seems like so much trouble for a turn signal that you already have.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah... i have no idea how to do these things im scared of taking stuff apart and forgetting how to put it back on correctly...
Houston john, have you done these before or know how?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
yeah... i have no idea how to do these things im scared of taking stuff apart and forgetting how to put it back on correctly...
Houston john, have you done these before or know how?
That's perfectly understandable. M in the same boat as you. If anyone has done this a DIY would be awesome.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
I would think the mirrors would be pretty simple to take apart, just because mirrors are prone to breaking and needing to be replaced. As if they would design it to be easily replaced.

·
October 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
153 Posts
I already ordered them today, ill be installing them next Friday, November 9th (funny) i thought of this before even coming to the forums, oh well this is gonna be long and tedious but it will get done..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah chitown, i saw this a while ago, but didnt really think about it hhah and yeah what shimp said! :]

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
They should just shine right through from the back of the mirror. As I have suggested in other threads, I would say go for a red or yellow turn signal light as opposed to the blue lights. Why? States generally frown upon blue lights anywhere on the vehicle (unless you're a Police car) which may get you pulled over and a ticket and hassle of fighting/fixing it. Red or yellow to the rear is more acceptable. Unless you plan on not using your signals on public roads and only connect them for meets, track, etc.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmm thats true. but in texas they dont really care for blue lights, from what ive seen with the blue HIDs everywhere, ima prob still try blue to match the color theme of my car :]

if it is trouble with the police then ill prob change to yellow haha

1 - 20 of 102 Posts