9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im trying to get accessries on my 2012 lx sedan, and i was wondering which websites sell authentic parts that will work with my car and be compatable.

i stumble upon accessories-honda.com ut the prices there looked too good to be true. or is it? i pretty much want to buy every accessory. also im looking for sound system upgrades that will fit and provide overall non-lacking sound

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
is collegehillshonda legit too?

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
is collegehillshonda legit too?
CHH is reputible as well as Majestic Honda. I have bought accessories from both places without any problems. Both have almost the same accessories, CHH offers a few more that Majestic Honda does not. Also, some of Majestic Honda's prices are slightly lower than CHH. However my #1 stop for Honda accessories is CHH.

Genuine Honda Accessories at Discount Prices - Authorized OEM Honda Accessories Dealer
Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store

As far as speakers go I have yet to get into them. I intend on upgrading my speakers in the future and possibly adding some tweeters. However from my understaning I believe some modification is necessary in order for aftermarket speakers to fit.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you so much! im about to drop 1000 into accessories

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
as far as stereo, try crutchfield.com. Installing speakers isn't too bad, I've had worse, I used 3.5 in balsa wood spacer rings, then shaved a little plastic on the back of the door panel, you can't see it once its back on though so its all good :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
CHH is reputible as well as Majestic Honda. I have bought accessories from both places without any problems. Both have almost the same accessories, CHH offers a few more that Majestic Honda does not. Also, some of Majestic Honda's prices are slightly lower than CHH. However my #1 stop for Honda accessories is CHH.

Genuine Honda Accessories at Discount Prices - Authorized OEM Honda Accessories Dealer
Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store

As far as speakers go I have yet to get into them. I intend on upgrading my speakers in the future and possibly adding some tweeters. However from my understaning I believe some modification is necessary in order for aftermarket speakers to fit.
I would steer clear of Majestic Honda, they are just another dealership that tries to market themselves as an aftermarket store. I recently just ordered about $1,500 worths of parts and accessories and I paid extra for expedited shipping. It took them almost 3 weeks just to ship the parts out. Then it turns out that they underestimated the weight and said they could no longer ship it expedited. Then to make things even worse they charged my card extra money for shipping charges even though they still shipped ground instead of expedited. Terrible service and shady shipping/sales tactics. They post lower prices because they jack up the prices at the end AFTER you order.

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
SebSmith said:
thank you so much! im about to drop 1000 into accessories
$1G!? What are you buying if you don't mind me asking? Now that I think of it, I think I've spend about a G on accessories :eek:hsnap:

aguilar7 said:
I would steer clear of Majestic Honda, they are just another dealership that tries to market themselves as an aftermarket store. I recently just ordered about $1,500 worths of parts and accessories and I paid extra for expedited shipping. It took them almost 3 weeks just to ship the parts out. Then it turns out that they underestimated the weight and said they could no longer ship it expedited. Then to make things even worse they charged my card extra money for shipping charges even though they still shipped ground instead of expedited. Terrible service and shady shipping/sales tactics. They post lower prices because they jack up the prices at the end AFTER you order.
I see Majestic Honda as another dealership who offers their accessory/parts inventory to the general public via the internet to make some extra money. A lot of Honda dealerships, at least around here, do not offer this. I find it hell of a lot easier to order what you want from a dealership online rather than going it and possibly facing a hassle.

Some accessories and parts are scarce and most likely have to come from Japan. When I ordered my Si grille, it took Majestic about two weeks to ship. I contacted them about my order and they said due to the high demand of the Si grilles they were forced to have them imported from Japan.

I have not experienced a price increase after an order. That's just absurd. The only reason the price should increase is due to shipping, which varies on what you order and how you want it shipped. Bigger items most likely result in higher shipping costs, faster shipping results in higher shipping costs.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$1G!? What are you buying if you don't mind me asking? Now that I think of it, I think I've spend about a G on accessories
ambient lighting
auto dim mirror
all season mats
car cover
side moldings
splash guards (maybe)
front grill upgrade
and one of the spoilers. (if the wing spoiler has a light on it then id rather get the deck lid)

its not hard to get up to 1k. i want rims too, but ill save that for when i need tires, and ill ask if its possible to get disc brakes instead.

thanks for all the responses guys!

·
Registered
512 Posts
That F***ed up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts