9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my niece was in the back seat of my civic coupe today and using her imagination she pretended that the headrests were mountains that her Lego men could adventure and accidentally dropped one of her Lego men into the seat belt hole near the rear driver side speaker. Popped open the trunk and pushed down the seat and still could not find it. Anyone have any ideas how to rescue my niece's poor legoman?

·
Baned
8,521 Posts
There is no rescue from whence Mr Legoman has travelled. May we all take a moment of silence for the dearly departed and may he rest in (hopefully just one) piece. Just kidding. I too have a Si coupe, but I'm having trouble picturing where you're talking about. Have you tried attacking the problem from the front/side of the seat? I'm pretty sure you can pull the side of the seat (the part that butts up against the wall) up a little bit and jam a hand down there and fish around for Mr Legoman. Good luck!

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no rescue from whence Mr Legoman has travelled. May we all take a moment of silence for the dearly departed and may he rest in (hopefully just one) piece. Just kidding. I too have a Si coupe, but I'm having trouble picturing where you're talking about. Have you tried attacking the problem from the front/side of the seat? I'm pretty sure you can pull the side of the seat (the part that butts up against the wall) up a little bit and jam a hand down there and fish around for Mr Legoman. Good luck!

image(1).jpg image.jpg the crevice where the seat belt starts to come out. the location of the poor lego adventurer

·
Baned
8,521 Posts
Ahh... my bad. Now I understand. I thought it was on the bottom part of the seat belt, not the top part.

I think there is a DIY floating around out there on how to swap out the subwoofer. While you might not want to do that, I think it does say how to pull everything apart, and I think one of the things you have to pull apart is the panel that houses the seatbelt on the rear dashboard.

Can you pop the trunk and try to get to it from there?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Baned
8,521 Posts
I found Mr Legoman. I was working on other stuff today when this thread popped into my mind. Do the following:
1. Open door closest to the Lego mountain
2. Fold down rear seat
3. Break round black screw (it isn't really a screw, but more like a clip?) that holds the trunk liner on the inside of the passenger cabin (or you can grab some needle-nose pliers and pull the plug out and save for reuse later)
4. Go to trunk and open it
5. Pull out all the black circular tabs that hold the trunk liner in. I don't know how many there are, but you're going to want to remove all of them just to be sure
6. Remove trunk liner (or just push it out of the way)
7. Start looking in the bottom corner of your trunk. If he isn't there, look where the seat belt mechanism loops back when not in use. He might still be up there if he clinged on for dear life instead of falling into the dark, dark abyss from whence Lego men do not return.

Depending on how much you have driven since your neice (who is no longer allowed to play with toys in your car) sent him on his climbing expedition, he may still be on the driver's side or he may have slid over to the passenger's. Or he could have slid under the rear seat a little. He's in there somewhere! Good luck.

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found Mr Legoman. I was working on other stuff today when this thread popped into my mind. Do the following:
1. Open door closest to the Lego mountain
2. Fold down rear seat
3. Break round black screw (it isn't really a screw, but more like a clip?) that holds the trunk liner on the inside of the passenger cabin (or you can grab some needle-nose pliers and pull the plug out and save for reuse later)
4. Go to trunk and open it
5. Pull out all the black circular tabs that hold the trunk liner in. I don't know how many there are, but you're going to want to remove all of them just to be sure
6. Remove trunk liner (or just push it out of the way)
7. Start looking in the bottom corner of your trunk. If he isn't there, look where the seat belt mechanism loops back when not in use. He might still be up there if he clinged on for dear life instead of falling into the dark, dark abyss from whence Lego men do not return.

Depending on how much you have driven since your neice (who is no longer allowed to play with toys in your car) sent him on his climbing expedition, he may still be on the driver's side or he may have slid over to the passenger's. Or he could have slid under the rear seat a little. He's in there somewhere! Good luck.

The Lego kingdom thanks you for the return of their plastic brethren DWils!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
This guy is grateful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts