9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
I can mechanically deeengineer stuff but nobody wants to pay me 6 figures for that :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
We use Microsoft on our supercomputers, the only company other than MS pretty much in the world. Vendors don't want to support MS urging us to push Linux. Our IT department doesn't want to because of "political forces". Makes it tough to show the reliability issues we often see is due to the crappy Linux emulators the code vendors made so we could use Windows.

They don't listen to those of us who used to work for the Navy submarine program because we don't know how to make a reliable supercomputer....just the billionaire who owns MS, pushing us to use Windows on our supercomputer....
Is Microsoft still in business? WTF is Windows anyway? Surely it still isn't being used.....

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Is Microsoft still in business? WTF is Windows anyway? Surely it still isn't being used.....
We're making the conversion to Win8 and Office 2013. Ugh.

·
Baned
8,533 Posts
sorry..i got no complaints about my job..i do however have complaints about some of the people we serve....lol
Same. I think the majority of society's current and future woes could be solved if parents stopped being "friends" with their kids and started being parents and if people started taking personal responsibility for the crap they do.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Traffic was brutal today, I live in an area the gets 9 months of rain a year and yet to people forget how to drive it it.
Word!! My little Vic is gonna get destroyed, I just know it. To and from work, I've had 4 close calls the last two days. A chick in an 8th gen Civic was pulling into my lane with no place for me to go. Passat comes barreling in on me when traffic comes to a halt on WB 90 this morning. Prius does the same thing when prepping for merge onto 405, and then Snap On tool truck tries to squeeze a gap in the same merge, causing me to jam on the brakes to miss him and the Prius was right on top of me again. Tonight's drive was actually mild.

·
Baned
8,533 Posts
I work in the restaurant industry. 'nuff said :storm:
I never worked in the restaurant industry because I was too busy outside parking customers' cars going into the restaurants. Circa 2005 I saw the movie "Waiting..." (see Waiting... (2005) - IMDb) and thought it was like the "Office Space" of the service industry and could totally empathize.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts