9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pretty specific question that I hope there is an answer to.

I just today had to get a new phone because my old one, a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, came out when 3G did, and is just not cutting it anymore.

I got an LG Stylo 4.

I just now attempted to pair it with my car. The phone says it's paired, but the car disagrees.

I went at it from both directions - from the car, and the phone. I typed the 0000 code into the phone when prompted. Still would not pair, according to the car.

In the past, this car has had to have the pairing process initiated from the car. This was possible as long as the phone was put into discoverable mode. Potential problem: the Stylo 4 does not have a discoverable mode.

So the phone thinks that it and the car are paired, but the car does not.

What have I forgotten to do, if anything? Could a 2015 Civic now be old enough to not work with the current crop of phones, or at least this one? It's not the end of the world, but it does suck, in theory.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have an LG G6 and it also does not have a discoverable mode. At least not one that you can initialize. I believe when you open the bluetooth settings it automatically goes into discoverable mode without any indication. I just recently had to add it again as I changed the car battery, which loses all the radio/BT settings. It has always been a bitch to pair this phone. I get constant error messages. By the time I get to input the 0000 code the car already says "failed". Just keep trying from the car. It should eventually pair but it might take you 10 minutes or more to get that far.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Very weird I had the first gen stylo Up until 2 weeks ago and it would pair fine to my 2012. Could be an issue with the phone itself maybe? I honestly had a few problems with mine like gps never working.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an LG G6 and it also does not have a discoverable mode. At least not one that you can initialize. I believe when you open the bluetooth settings it automatically goes into discoverable mode without any indication. I just recently had to add it again as I changed the car battery, which loses all the radio/BT settings. It has always been a bitch to pair this phone. I get constant error messages. By the time I get to input the 0000 code the car already says "failed". Just keep trying from the car. It should eventually pair but it might take you 10 minutes or more to get that far.
This is basically what happened here.

I left it alone overnight because with technology, especially, half the time I just wanna throw stuff out the window, because these types of things never work right for me. Today in the carm after a few more go-rounds from both the car and phone, the Honda HandsFree link showed up on the phone, and the car was able to recognize it.

Of course, just because the car and phone recognize each other doesn't mean that anything should actually work. There was never any acknowledgement on the imid screen that the phone was visible to the car, and when I turned on Waze, and it the phone would not transmit audio through the car's speakers.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whelp, today everything worked properly: Waze audio from the car's speakers via bluetooth.

Tempermental little system.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i was going to mention that to get the audio from your phone thru the car, you have to be on the bluetooth mode of the car's audio system, but you figured that out already.

glad you got it working.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was going to mention that to get the audio from your phone thru the car, you have to be on the bluetooth mode of the car's audio system, but you figured that out already.

glad you got it working.
Thanks, yes. I had been using the car's bluetooth with my last phone, a Samsung Note 4, and it worked fine 99% of the time. The main issue was it would occasionally connect/disconnect/reconnect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh jeez I thought I was the only one with this issue lol... I had the same thing happen to me until one day I was able to choose handsfreelink on my stylo 4 and it finally worked

1 - 8 of 8 Posts