9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we able to put a different license plate frame on a leased vehicle? I went with a leased vehicle so I can change my car every year or so. Just want to make sure before I buy one. Sorry if it is a dumb question but would rather not get charged a penalty.

·
Registered
225 Posts
you wont get charged..you can put whatever you want on the car as long as you put it back to stock when your ready to trade it back in for another car..thats what i did going from an 8th to a 9th

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you wont get charged..you can put whatever you want on the car as long as you put it back to stock when your ready to trade it back in for another car..thats what i did going from an 8th to a 9th
So I have to put the original license plate frame on when returning it? That is dumb... I wonder how much one of those things cost.. $10? :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
no you can change the licence plate if you want..you dont have to put that back on

·
Registered
980 Posts
I hope you're not mixing up the dealer frame with relocating/moving the license bracket too. But that frame you can lose, not sure if they'd like an offset bracket though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
they will not care if you take off the dealer license plate frame and put your own on. with leased vehicles they dont want you to make changes that will void warranties pretty much, ive been leasing since 2001 and i have even done things like intake and catback exhaust, they didnt care when i took the cars back as long as it was in good condition

·
Registered
980 Posts
Unless its a shady lease, if its leased via AHMC, you'll have no issues about them wanting the dealer license frame. An independent person checks out the car before lease return even, appointed by AHMC. The dealer has no say, and all they do is process the return based on the paperwork from the lease end appraiser.

You can get away with minor damage too - stuff like scratches and such under a certain value to repair. Returned a Honda lease with a nasty gash on trunk lid, and a very bad accident repair paint job with 0 out of pocket (I would have been really upset if I owned the car though, the paint job on the accident repair was total crap and they sprayed a ton more areas than needed too).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts