9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

In my Writing class I have to write a paper and connect it to a book we read about subcultures. I want to use theIMPORT SCENE (you know like car meets strictly with japanese cars). It's interesting and I think it has grown.
Anyways if you all can help I would greatly appreciate it!

I need to know what brings everyone together, how other people define you, what your goals are (self and as a group), how you maintain bonds, how you all operate, stuff like that. It can really be anything you know.
I don't know too much about it but I have been to a couple with cousins so I don't really know anything haha but again thanks!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,245 Posts
Please be aware that most automotive, including motorcycle, sub-cultures operate very similarly, as far as the focus of your paper is concerned.

Knowing this can open up a lot more doors for you to focus your research, if you so desire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll hook you up with some gas

Nah if I had the $$$$$ I'd send all the replies some! Guess this is why i'm in college...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
God, I wish I could've written papers in the modern days of Google, this forum, etc...In my day you had the Encyclopedia and the public library.
There's enough material just on the "other Cars" thread for a twenty papers on sub-culture and many years of work for a dozen psychologists. Just remember a quick search by your professor can find the exact articles you copy/paste text from online. Learn to paraphrase key ideas and generate your own opinions (hint: back em up with facts)
look for multiple sources and know that most sub-cultures operate with the same basic need to belong.
Here @ 9thgencivic we are all enthusiasts and avid DIY-ers. When you ask a question on the forum, we operate with the same mentality. We are all willing to help out and chime in with our opinions, but things like "searching the forum" and this English paper you will have to do yourself!
Best of luck!

Bonus: here is an interesting article about car meets:
Ten Assholes You Meet At Every Car Show

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the fastest way to know the answers is really to pay or just simple to buy essay on the right topic what you need. I am in the college too and don't have much money, I started using the site where I can find people with reviews of their quality about how they are writing essay. The price is availavle that I can allow myself. Really your topic is difficult and it will take too much time to write by yourself. Just wish you good luck. I already get tired studying.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I think the fastest way to know the answers is really to pay or just simple to buy essay on the right topic what you need. I am in the college too and don't have much money, I started using the site where I can find people with reviews of their quality about how they are writing essay. The price is availavle that I can allow myself. Really your topic is difficult and it will take too much time to write by yourself. Just wish you good luck. I already get tired studying.
Are you an AI?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello Everyone,

In my Writing class I have to write a paper and connect it to a book we read about subcultures. I want to use theIMPORT SCENE (you know like car meets strictly with japanese cars). It's interesting and I think it has grown.
Anyways if you all can help I would greatly appreciate it!

I need to know what brings everyone together, how other people define you, what your goals are (self and as a group), how you maintain bonds, how you all operate, stuff like that. It can really be anything you know.
I don't know too much about it but I have been to a couple with cousins so I don't really know anything haha but again thanks!
This would tough to capture in essay, I do however have a topic that may be of interest.

The only import scene that I can think of on top of my head that could be used for a great import scene essay is the Kanjo Racing Group in Japan or just the JDM scene in Japan. They're illegal street racers, at least in their youth they were, who would race on the Osaka Loop. They have a huge culture and impact on JDM/import culture in the 90s, at least with Honda's. Kanjo created a culture of it's own and we see Kanjo culture in North America as well. All those old school Honda's you see lowered, with the white 15" rims, and a loud ass exhaust, where do you think that originated from? Kanjo did it first. The whole idea behind Kanjo, is to be fast, lightweight, and nimble to weave through traffic.

There's a lot of info on them too, hopefully that helps.

If you just want info on what happens at car meets, as another user mentioned, it varies. If I go to a meet, I'll chat up with other Si owners or if you got an awesome car. I prefer smaller meets, I feel there's less chaos and you're more inclined to talk to one another. When the meets get bigger, a-holes show up, redlining their d-series in the parking lot, or doing burnouts in there mom's mustang, or basically causing unwanted attention. Most people go to meets with a friend(s), I feel like everyone has their own group that they stick with. For me personally, I think the whole point of what a car meet should be, is for it to be a social event, not an event where you're trying to 1-up someone else, it should be an event where you appreciate each other's ride.

I also think that this type of paper would be best done with personal experience, so you should get out there and go to a meet yourself and experience it. Go to a couple, get a feel for the scene, what did you like, what didn't you like? Did you see any builds that inspired you? etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would like to add that driving a car may make you feel freeof obstacles and life difficulties
Just you and your car - the noise of the engine and wind. Everyone should try this
(thoughts by Muller)

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,245 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Ford Focus
3 Posts
It would be easier to buy an essay on the topic you have. You'll save a lot of time. If you're interested in it, check the essaystudio.org site. It is the only advice I can give you. When I was in college I didn't have time to write the essays or another kind of stuff, because I was working 24/7. So, sometimes I appealed to their services and they are doing a great job, research paper, essay, whatever you need, the staff will do it really quickly and professionally and you don't have to worry about it. Good luck.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,245 Posts
I can't think of much that is less fulfilling than having someone else do a research paper for you.

Get out there and experience your subject. You will be richer for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts