9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I just finished installing my fogs and HIDs this past weekend. here's a snapshot of them from this morning when I got to work:
IMAG0059.jpg
Question, however...what is the proper way to adjust both the headlights and fog lights? I've seen a bunch of different methods online so I'm guessing there's no real consensus on how it's done. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to adjust them to get great lighting patterns and avoid blinding too many people (if that's even possible lol)?

·
Registered
597 Posts
The headlights are VOR, basically you mark the wall and push back 25ft, then adjust so that the RIGHT side of the beam (higher side) is at the same level as the wall's line. However you have HID then I would suggust you adjust so that LEFT side a little lower, may be 2-3" lower at 25ft. I will be a shorter beam but you don't produce much glare to the front and opposite traffic.

Fog lights usuallydon't blind people. If you use halogen then I will just leave it at the same level.

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The headlights are VOR, basically you mark the wall and push back 25ft, then adjust so that the RIGHT side of the beam (higher side) is at the same level as the wall's line. However you have HID then I would suggust you adjust so that LEFT side a little lower, may be 2-3" lower at 25ft. I will be a shorter beam but you don't produce much glare to the front and opposite traffic.

Fog lights usuallydon't blind people. If you use halogen then I will just leave it at the same level.
where in the headlight is the adjustment knob/screw?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts