9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-- 2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe FG4 --

I am looking for a set of lightweight 18" x 8" rims for summer tires. I have tried looking online at several tire dealers but their listings lack detail. I might be abit picky but I rather make sure it does not exist before compromising. I am hoping to find a 18x8, 5x114.3, +40 with a 64.1mm hub, and under 18lb. Aluminium is fine since I also can not afford $200+ each. I program my own TPM sensors so that is not an issue. I only refuse to use centering rings. I want a direct fit no adaptors, plz.

I hope someone has already found something like this but any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You have priced yourself out of what you are looking for, as well as severely limited yourself from the aftermarket by not being willing to use centering rings.

Keep your eyes open on Ebay or craigslist and it's competitors. Your only option is used at that price and even then you'll have trouble finding a wheel with that exact fit.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
You'll almost certainly have to go custom to get those specifications. 18x8 +40 is going to be designed to fit many vehicles due to its conservative fitment and will most likely have a 70+ mm hub. Everything I sell 18x8 +40 is meant to be used as winter wheels. Hubrings are never "required" but will reduce vibrations. You might find something in a single drill, but again 5x114.3 covers everything from Nissans, Mustangs, 97-2006 Jeep Wranglers and more. However, a factory 18 from a SI might be close to the specs you're looking for.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Seems like money is the issue here; my advice, save up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts