9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the short story this morning I went to my car, unlocked the doors, popped the trunk, threw my laptop bag in, tossed my keys on the trunk floor like I normally do (don't ask why), made a protein shake, closed the trunk, got into my car and then :facepalm:. Thank god I keep my valet key in the glove box so I could get to work. Also obviously the trunk release is locked, I usually keep it locked because my gym parking lot is always packed so I park in the wayyy back to avoid dents, put all the valuables in the trunk and just use the key to pop it. Also the spare key is in my laptop backpack in the trunk :/

Now I assume I can just pop the panel right there by the trunk release and yank on the cable? Anyone ever take this panel off before? It seems fairly secured, i'd hate to break any clips getting it off.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
why would yo go through all this trouble!? Open the drivers door and pop the trunk release on the floor! LOL!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
in that case, its intended to keep shit safe...

just take the back seats out. don't need em anyways, just extra weight.. thats what i did :)

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
yeah, you'll have to go thru the back seats.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
yeah, you'll have to go thru the back seats.
yep even use a bit of dynamite to clear a nice big hole :)
ALL JOKES ASIDE

Reach between the seats sand pull the latch for on of the seats.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
WAIT A SECOND!

How did you LOCK your trunk!? There is no key hole!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
You never wondered what the keyhole on the floor is for?
down by the driver door?! Pfft! use the grey key then! Or go and get your other key! All new cars come with a SET of keys (2)

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
So, wait...I got two master keys and a valet key with the car. Did you lock both masters in the trunk? Or you down one?

It'd definitely suck if you needed the stuff for the workday, but assume tou can get back into your residence, you should be able to get the stuff out, given you have that second key.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
down by the driver door?! Pfft! use the grey key then! Or go and get your other key! All new cars come with a SET of keys (2)
We be on same page here.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
He locked his spare set in his trunk, it was in his bag. The valet key cannot unlock the trunk.
I had to reread that. I missed that detail after reading the OP a few times.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
yeah, that is right...where is your 2nd Key?

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
HAHA WOW! Your fuckedd!

Reactions: bobbygil79

·
Banned
148 Posts
I guess locking it does keep people out of your trunk... Even your self ahaha that sucks bro but now you know your stuff is safe back there when you lock it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts