9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,850 Posts
That reminds me of the '70s when certain car companies <coughcoughVolkswagen> brought out cars in lime green, among other eyeball-searing colors.

·
Registered
994 Posts
All dodges are crap

·
Registered
99 Posts
I dnt think all dodge cars are crap lol , i also got a 2004 durango hemi ;) shit cleans madd cars lol like can you say hemi

Reactions: Spectrum

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the Dart, but it's kinda ironic that I'm hearing "rental car", "cheap", and "gross" coming from so many fellow Civic owners, when those words were just a few of the choice words used to describe the 2012 Civic sedan by so much of the automotive press.

The Dart does nothing for me (especially in that color), and the interior's design looks like an evolution of Dodge/Pontiac from the 90s, but at least the materials are a step up from Fisher Price that Honda put in the 2012 lol.

But yeah....Dodge is totally mishandling the Dart. And it's a shame, because it's not that bad of a car. But it would never be high on my list. If you google the interior with red inserts, be prepared to gag.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the Dart, but it's kinda ironic that I'm hearing "rental car", "cheap", and "gross" coming from so many fellow Civic owners, when those words were just a few of the choice words used to describe the 2012 Civic sedan by so much of the automotive press.

The Dart does nothing for me (especially in that color), and the interior's design looks like an evolution of Dodge/Pontiac from the 90s, but at least the materials are a step up from Fisher Price that Honda put in the 2012 lol.

But yeah....Dodge is totally mishandling the Dart. And it's a shame, because it's not that bad of a car. But it would never be high on my list. If you google the interior with red inserts, be prepared to gag.
Well the reason with the cheap parts in the Honda especially the interior is to keep the price of Si low as possible. The reason being most buyers are between 18-25 and most of us don't have 28k to spend on a car.

·
Hola
3,746 Posts

I own a coupe so I can say what I want:p

·
Registered
220 Posts
I roasted a red Dodge Dart a few weeks ago. My P2R Spacer was hissing like a beast on 2nd gear...probably scared the guy, he though a cobra was attacking.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Well the reason with the cheap parts in the Honda especially the interior is to keep the price of Si low as possible. The reason being most buyers are between 18-25 and most of us don't have 28k to spend on a car.
That is possible. That, paired with the weakness of the yen, and increasing production costs, as well as Honda execs misguided idea that, due to an economic downturn, people's buying "priorities" would be different (yes, Honda actually said that). They have admit they miscalculated before the 2012 even went on sale, and knew they had to "fix" it.

All the same, I sit in my car and I don't care about the plastics as much. Sure, they are cheaper than the 8th gens I owned, but the car, as a whole, has been more reliable and trouble free than the two 8th gens I owned, despite the lack of quality control, questionable assembly, and cheaper materials. The only MAJOR issue I have about my car is this unsolved wind leak coming from my driver's side window that Honda cannot seem to fix or figure out. On an already noisy cabin like ours, it makes highway speeds (especially in high winds) almost unbearable. But I suppose I didn't buy the Si for its soft ride or silence.

Frankly, if the car is going to be as reliable as it's been (minus a few warranty things I expect), I can handle the cheaper dash, carpet, and headliner. Still, a bit of a slap to see it improved so much after only one year and Honda execs basically saying they messed up on our cars.

I own a coupe so I can say what I want:p
Me too. I love how my car looks on the outside (and inside, for the most part, especially after a nice treatment of Armor-All). If I owned a 2012 sedan, I would irate, as the 2013 changes, at least to me, were a VAST improvement. But a lot of people actually prefer the subdued, mature look of the 2012, so I suppose everyone has their own thoughts on whether 2013 was an improvement.

The only changes I really cared about for 2013 were the dash/headliner improvements, as well as the improved sound deadening. Hah.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My Dad was a lifelong Dodge man up until his '95 Dakota drive shaft FELL OUT on the road. Along with other defects it was the last Dodge he ever bought.

I think they may turn things around with Fiat leadership, but I'll never take a chance on any Chrysler product. Ever.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
My first car was a 1997 Dodge Intrepid ES Sport with the 3.5L engine.

It was my mom and dad's car (and the family car) for awhile. Had about 75,000 miles on it when I inherited it, and honestly, that car was fantastic. It was quiet, zippier than you'd expect, and reliable. The only things I ever needed to fix was the heater core and the lock actuators. Gas was $1.29 a gallon back in 2002, so I have no idea what the fuel economy was like.

That was probably the most reliable, solid car I've ever owned as a whole. But these days, Dodge/Chrysler doesn't appeal to me, for any reason.

·
Premium Member
8,532 Posts
While the pictured Dart's color would not be my first choice, the color isn't really all that bad in my opinion. I was a big fan of the light blue and light green Honda painted the Accords with in the early 1990s. Add some dark tint and some black wheels and it would look pretty good.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.