9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2012 Si black, its been good and faithful to me for the last few years even moving from the west to the east where you get all 4 seasons.
It has never given me any issues which I'm really thankful for! It gets its basic maintenance when its required, everything is practically stock except for wheels and tires. Currently at 62,200 miles.

I'm not really a car guy myself but I would want to get into the basics (whatever that can mean) of doing some mods that can possibly help me get a better driving experience OR mods that you would recommend that require a little more experience (I can probably find someone that can help me).

Some things I've noticed which Isn't a big deal but just thought I would mention:
First, my cold AC gets somewhat warm when I'm waiting at a light or at a stop, but as soon as I start driving it gets pretty cold (not sure if this is normal).
Secondly, I've noticed that it tends to get pretty loud inside the car when driving on the freeway so I have to kind of speak up if I'm talking to someone or raise the volume when listening to music (once again, not sure if this is normal).

So please feel free to give me any information or recommendations. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I own a 2012 Si black, its been good and faithful to me for the last few years even moving from the west to the east where you get all 4 seasons.
It has never given me any issues which I'm really thankful for! It gets its basic maintenance when its required, everything is practically stock except for wheels and tires. Currently at 62,200 miles.

I'm not really a car guy myself but I would want to get into the basics (whatever that can mean) of doing some mods that can possibly help me get a better driving experience OR mods that you would recommend that require a little more experience (I can probably find someone that can help me).

Some things I've noticed which Isn't a big deal but just thought I would mention:
First, my cold AC gets somewhat warm when I'm waiting at a light or at a stop, but as soon as I start driving it gets pretty cold (not sure if this is normal).
Secondly, I've noticed that it tends to get pretty loud inside the car when driving on the freeway so I have to kind of speak up if I'm talking to someone or raise the volume when listening to music (once again, not sure if this is normal).

So please feel free to give me any information or recommendations. I appreciate it!
Hey friend! Your AC issue id first start and check to see if your fans are on when the AC is on as for the noise is it only at freeway speeds? Does the noise start low and get louder as the speed increases?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey friend! Your AC issue id first start and check to see if your fans are on when the AC is on as for the noise is it only at freeway speeds? Does the noise start low and get louder as the speed increases?
I'll make sure to check on the fans, if the fans arent on when the AC goes on what does that mean and what do I need to do?
As for the noise, I'd say its mostly at freeway speeds and it stays constant, it sounds like outside noise seeps in which then makes me have the need to raise the volume on my radio. The only reason I've noticed is because while talking to a friend of mine in their Honda was driving on the freeway and it was pretty quiet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tires can create alot of excess noise. Some tires run very loud while others are designed to be quiet also balding tires can become loud.
By chance do you know what tires wouldn't run so loud?
I currently own a set of:
Tires: BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S
Tire Size: 215/45ZR-17.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,882 Posts

BF Goodrich tires especially their performance tires fit really wide. The wider the tire usually the noisier they are. Also performance oriented tires usually run loud. If you want a quieter ride look for touring tires. Touring tires will have a quieter and more comfortable ride but performance will suffer some.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BF Goodrich tires especially their performance tires fit really wide. The wider the tire usually the noisier they are. Also performance oriented tires usually run loud. If you want a quieter ride look for touring tires. Touring tires will have a quieter and more comfortable ride but performance will suffer some.
I'll take a look into touring tires and see what I'm able to find. Thank you! Learn something new everyday.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts

I used to run a similar tire with my RSX. It was unbearable. So I'd agree with Kev

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
475 Posts

I have those same issues. Same tires. I combated the loud tires with a louder exhaust. :ROFLMAO:

Never got a solution to the AC thing though. Luckily I just don't have to use it too often. But I've definitely noticed that it warms up a bit when the car is stopped, and then cools down again once I'm moving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts